No announcement yet.

Hypothetical: limiting/weak point(s) in GVWR ratings for Solitude line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The difference between UVW and GVWR is certainly something to consider when selecting a towable RV. There have been previous discussions where some folks just did not have enough difference to carry what they wanted to carry and chose a different RV than their first choice. Our Reflection 303RLS has 2800 lbs CCC. So, even with over 1000 lbs of "stuff" we have capacity to carry full tanks (which new never do).

On the "water usage side" . . . we find that kitchen grey is the fastest to fill up (partly because we have restricted capacity in this tank due to a plumbing issue . . . which is a whole other story) but we can mitigate this by washing dishes in the sink in a large bowl and dumping this water outside.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

Howson, I was looking at these collapsible tanks. You can unload your motorcycle and head off to find a water source to fill the tank it collapse down to the size of a football when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/AQUATANK2-Wat...2745256&sr=8-9

I have a 40 gallon version and love it. Really handy for electric only sites to run and get water. I’m considering the 150 gallon version that’s linked to have water for myself and my in laws that we normally travel with, and cover my existing one into a grey water tote.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X