Green Grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Grease

Will be checking my wheel bearings on my 2019 303 and was wondering if anyone has used “Green Grease”, yep, that’s the name of it.
    Chip and Janice
    2019 303RLS, 2019 F350 LB Diesel Dually
    B&W Companion
    Goodyear Endurance
    Morryde SRE 4000

Mize Ms.

Originally posted by Popeye View Post
    Will be checking my wheel bearings on my 2019 303 and was wondering if anyone has used “Green Grease”, yep, that’s the name of it.
    Hi Popeye,
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

I have never used “Green Grease”, but it has lots of positive internet coverage. I think I will continue to use the Lucas “Red & Tacky” grease that has a proven record and many of us have used for years with no problems.

By “checking” your wheel bearings, I assume that you mean removing, cleaning, inspecting and re-packing by hand ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Yes, I should have mentioned that. I have about
      9k miles and 15 months old. I took off one wheel, drum and the bearings and they actually looked pretty good. What I forgot to do is purchase some grease. I’ve read just about all the questions and comments and grease and red and tacky or Lucas HD seem to be the favorites. I went to auto zone and saw the “Green Grease”. I did a search on this forum and Green did not show up.
      Chip and Janice
      2019 303RLS, 2019 F350 LB Diesel Dually
      B&W Companion
      Goodyear Endurance
      Morryde SRE 4000

Mize Ms.

Comment

Dexter's website has a list of approved greases. I don't think it matters much what grease you use if you do an annual bearing repack.
        2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
        X