No announcement yet.

Tread Life (Goodyear Endurance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention that maybe you had a crappy tech.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post

... an alignment at a heavy truck & trailer shop near you with Hunter alignment equipment.
      Pardon my ignorance, but is it possible/recommended to align the wheels if you haven't upgraded to an independent suspension. howson 's $200 alignment seems like a pretty good deal to me if it gets you another season of towing from a new set of tires.
      2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
      Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
      2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
      18k B&W Companion, non-slider
      640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
      Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
      Somerset, WI

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

Pardon my ignorance, but is it possible/recommended to align the wheels if you haven't upgraded to an independent suspension. howson 's $200 alignment seems like a pretty good deal to me if it gets you another season of towing from a new set of tires.
        The only thing that can be done with OEM solid axles is to make sure that the axles are parallel with each other and perpendicular to the centerline of the trailer. If there are caster, camber or toe issues, that means the axles are either overloaded (camber) or there is a bent axle or spindle. So, the simple answer is, no - the OEM system cannot be realigned in the fashion being discussed here. If you are experiencing abnormal tire wear, you might want to have the trailer checked to see if something needs replacing. Otherwise, save your money for new tires when you need them.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post

Not long after purchasing our 2017 Reflection travel trailer with LCI axles, I had a tire chewed up on the edge. I contacted GDRV, who sent me a new axle under warranty. I installed the new axle and replaced the tires. Not long after, the tire on the other side experienced the same issue. So I replaced the axle and tires again. I'm several thousand miles into my third axle and the tires are wearing great.

I don't know if my issues were from road damage or due to manufacturing alignment defects. But I'm good now.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

For a follow-up to this topic, see the https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...talled-315rlts thread.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sailun thread.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	24654
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Geeze! I thought I was getting the gold standard for suspension when I had MORryde IS installed on my rig. Now I'm starting to wonder if I need to get the alignment checked.
              Brian & Kellie
              2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
              2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
              2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
              2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
                Geeze! I thought I was getting the gold standard for suspension when I had MORryde IS installed on my rig. Now I'm starting to wonder if I need to get the alignment checked.
                Monitor your tire wear closely, Brian. If the alignment is off, the tires will tell you.

FYI, MORryde is sending me a check for the alignment cost. I did not ask for any of the other expenses or reimbursement for early tire wear and it wasn't offered, but I'm OK with the resolution. Brian at MORryde didn't argue or offer any lame excuses. I sent him documentation and pictures and his immediate response was, "no problem--we'll cover the alignment". I haven't seen the check yet, but I don't doubt his word.

Hopefully my experience was an anomaly. Second Chance (Rob) has had two IS' and never experienced anything like what happened to me.
                Last edited by howson; 07-18-2020, 01:59 PM.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

bertschb -- if you're ever going down I-75 in west Florida, the guys at Tampa Spring Co in Ocala did a great job. Knowledgeable and thorough. (My trailer was up and down a dozen times or more as the technician tweaked in the camber and toe.) BL: IMO it was worth going the extra distance to a certified MORryde alignment shop.

There's a good Mexican restaurant right next door, too, when it's lunch time.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    bertschb -- if you're ever going down I-75 in west Florida...
                    I hope to get past the Rockies soon but we seem to be stuck in OR and CA - even though we're full time now. Like you, I also track every mile towed on a spreadsheet. There is a MORryde authorized installation shop in southern Oregon. If I ever need to have work done, I'll take my rig there. I haven't looked closely at my tire tread for a couple thousand miles. Gonna do that now...
                    Brian & Kellie
                    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
                    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
                    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
                    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

I hope to get past the Rockies soon but we seem to be stuck in OR and CA - even though we're full time now. Like you, I also track every mile towed on a spreadsheet. There is a MORryde authorized installation shop in southern Oregon. If I ever need to have work done, I'll take my rig there. I haven't looked closely at my tire tread for a couple thousand miles. Gonna do that now...
                      The owner of that shop in Grants Pass Oregon made a presentation in the virtual rally this morning and took Q&A. Sharp guy. It's nice to know there is a shop on the West Coast that can handle some of the load for these products.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                        FYI, MORryde is sending me a check for the alignment cost. I did not ask for any of the other expenses or reimbursement for early tire wear and it wasn't offered, but I'm OK with the resolution. Brian at MORryde didn't argue or offer any lame excuses. I sent him documentation and pictures and his immediate response was, "no problem--we'll cover the alignment". I haven't seen the check yet, but I don't doubt his word.
                        Yes, I quoted myself. Thought it was necessary so there's context to this post.

What's the news? I got the check from MORryde today. Brian Hosinski followed through and was true to his word. I expected a better result the first time, but at least they made it right. (Any process that involves human beings WILL have issues.)

If anyone from MORryde sees this--thank you!

Howard

Comment

howson
                          Did MORryde offer any reason for why your trailer left their facility with everything out of alignment? I think you are being too “generous” to them. For what you spent, you should reasonably expect tires on their (supposedly superior) suspension system to be aligned. I still think that they owe you a set of tires and their refusal to do this reinforces my opinion of MORryde.

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                            Did MORryde offer any reason for why your trailer left their facility with everything out of alignment?
                            It almost sounds like somebody forgot to do the alignment after the installation.
                            Last edited by bertschb; 07-28-2020, 08:14 PM.
                            Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                              howson
                              Did MORryde offer any reason for why your trailer left their facility with everything out of alignment? I think you are being too “generous” to them. For what you spent, you should reasonably expect tires on their (supposedly superior) suspension system to be aligned. I still think that they owe you a set of tires and their refusal to do this reinforces my opinion of MORryde.

Rob
                              To be fair, as previously mentioned I didn't ask for tires or fuel reimbursement but neither was it offered.

If I got upset with every disappointment associated with RV "stuff" I'd be in the intensive care ward with massive ulcers. Refrigerators that won't cool consistently, stoves that don't cook food evenly, a thermostat mounted in a ridiculous location so I got wild temperature swings in the camper when coffee was made, soft water hoses that would have leaked and failed, an "entertainment center" that won't play DVDs without skipping...I could go on and on and on. But they are not worth getting all in a lather over.

A reader could conclude I don't like my RV but that is not my intent with this reply--the DW and I have had wonderful experiences in a lot of places and met great people like many of the members of this forum. But boy have I learned a lot about RVs over the last 2+ years! That's the real point of my posts--to share experiences and "lessons learned" so others can benefit from them (both bad and good). Anyone that thinks RV ownership will be equivalent to owning a modern automobile (I've had very good fortune with both foreign and domestic auto purchases) is in for a rude awakening.

Bottom Line: I hope that posting my experience with MORryde arms the next person to insist that an alignment readout is mandatory upon completion of the work. I'd also check the electrical wiring if having a disc brake actuator installed. And did I mention I had to bleed the disc brake lines myself, to get all the air out of the lines?
                              Last edited by howson; 07-28-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

howson
                                Hi Howard,

You know that I agree with you on the “ownership experience” with RVs. I have been down a similar path with greased brakes, leaking plumbing, seized gate valves, tangled wiring, etc . . . and it is all still worth it for the camping lifestyle that we all enjoy. It would be ideal if we could buy an “auto industry” quality towable RV . . . but that trailer just does not exist.

You also know that I think MORryde sold you a suspension system that quickly destroyed your tires. They took no responsibility for this and anyone considering purchasing from them needs to be aware of how they do business.

Rob
                                Cate & Rob
                                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X