purchasing a left over new solitude 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purchasing a left over new solitude 2019

it has Westlake Tires on it has been sitting on lot for 2 years. I see there has been some problems with these tire should I be concerned

Originally posted by Rich205 View Post
    it has Westlake Tires on it has been sitting on lot for 2 years. I see there has been some problems with these tire should I be concerned
    It depends if these are LRE Westlake tires or the newer LRG tires. Many people have had issues with the LRE on these heavy units but LRG have been good without any issues that I have seen.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

As Calbar said, the load range G Westlakes are a good tire. RV tires, however, usually age out before they wear out. The ageing point usually comes at about 6 - 7 years, regardless of who made the tire. Just be aware that you will have a couple of years less tire life than you would with new tires. Watch for weather checking or cracking in the sidewalls and inspect them regularly. If the tires are the Westlake load range E used on earlier units, I would recommend replacing them right out of the gate with Sailun S637s in load range G.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I would negotiate a new set of tires , among other items maybe. Those tires could be as much as 3 years old by now. Won't know until you try. And if they will make a deal get the "G" rated tires as stated above.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X