Relocating Imagine 23BHE brake wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating Imagine 23BHE brake wires

Hi all. I'm interested in installing Sumo Springs on my TT but there are brake wires glued to and running up through the insulation that are right in the way of where the spring on the driver side mounts.

Any thoughts on how to relocate and then reseal those wires in place?

Thanks!
    Famtraveler24
    2021 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
    Hi all. I'm interested in installing Sumo Springs on my TT but there are brake wires glued to and running up through the insulation that are right in the way of where the spring on the driver side mounts.

Any thoughts on how to relocate and then reseal those wires in place?

Thanks!
    I have had to relocate and splice mine in a couple places due to fixing my spring hangers. It’s not a big deal, I’d recommend heat shrink butt splices with an extra piece of weathertight heat shrink tubing over it (the ones with the glue inside).
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Does anyone have pictures or can explain the brake wire runs on the Imagine XLS units? I'm curious how the wiring runs.
      Famtraveler24
      2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
        Does anyone have pictures or can explain the brake wire runs on the Imagine XLS units? I'm curious how the wiring runs.
        Typically, the brake wires come down the inside of the left frame rail above the coroplast. These wires exit the underbelly above each axle on the left side where they connect to the left side brakes and to wires that go through the axle tubes to the brakes on the right side.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Typically, the brake wires come down the inside of the left frame rail above the coroplast. These wires exit the underbelly above each axle on the left side where they connect to the left side brakes and to wires that go through the axle tubes to the brakes on the right side.

Rob
          Thanks very much.
          Famtraveler24
          2021 Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Working...
          X