Best TPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best TPMS

I'm purchasing new 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. 26 feet total length. Would like opinions on TPMS systems to monitor pressure and temp. I'm a Newbie. Thx
    Marty and Teresa
    2022 Reflection 260RD
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT

Originally posted by Martybhawk View Post
    I'm purchasing new 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE. 26 feet total length. Would like opinions on TPMS systems to monitor pressure and temp. I'm a Newbie. Thx
    I used to have the tire minder that displayed on my phone (didn’t want another display mounted on my dash), and it worked great. I now use the Ford factory trailer TPMS which is integrated into the dash and love it. Only downside is no temperature monitoring, but I just check them with an IR gun when I stop.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I've had a TireMinder system for many years (so, consider that it is an older one) and I have had chronic problems with dropped sensor signals. I have worked with TireMinder advice to change location of the booster and even add a second signal booster. Sensor signals still get lost . . . which sets off an alarm . . . which is stressful. On the positive side, over those years Tireminder has identified two slow leaks. One was a bad valve stem and one was a screw in the tread.

The temperature monitoring is of little use (in my opinion). The temperature at the end of the valve stem has little to do with the temperatures at the tire tread or wheel bearing, which are what is important. Much better to use the IR gun as Neilncitro describes.

I have looked at the main competitor TST and discussed with them at RV shows, but can't justify the cost of replacing my entire TireMinder system. If I were buying for the first time, I would give them serious consideration. And . . . to reiterate . . . my TireMinder experience is with 5 year old technology.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        I've had a TireMinder system for many years (so, consider that it is an older one) and I have had chronic problems with dropped sensor signals. I have worked with TireMinder advice to change location of the booster and even add a second signal booster. Sensor signals still get lost . . . which sets off an alarm . . . which is stressful. On the positive side, over those years Tireminder has identified two slow leaks. One was a bad valve stem and one was a screw in the tread.

The temperature monitoring is of little use (in my opinion). The temperature at the end of the valve stem has little to do with the temperatures at the tire tread or wheel bearing, which are what is important. Much better to use the IR gun as Neilncitro describes.

I have looked at the main competitor TST and discussed with them at RV shows, but can't justify the cost of replacing my entire TireMinder system. If I were buying for the first time, I would give them serious consideration. And . . . to reiterate . . . my TireMinder experience is with 5 year old technology.

Rob
        I did occasionally have disconnects, and was a factor in replacing it with my Ford integrated system. I have my tire minder to my in laws, and he has had no disconnects. Mine is 2-3 years old so maybe better in that regard? I have heard great things about TST as well.

If your truck supports it I can’t say enough about the integrated. Sensors go inside the tire, and batteries are good for ten years. I’ve never had a loss of signal, and it saved my bacon when I picked up a bolt at a truck stop.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

I have been using the EEZTire TPMS for a couple years now; first on our previous trailer and now on our 22mle. The version I have has a black/white screen and shows PSI and temperature. I haven’t experienced any signal drop off. I can’t say how good it performs with a going flat tire, tread separation, or wheel loss since I haven’t experienced those situations. People also seem to like TST; it has a color monitor. I did read where some experienced signal drop off but I can’t say what length trailer or 5th wheel they had. They do offer an extender.
          2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
          2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          Andersen WDH
          Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
          2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
          2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. Can someone tell me how to enter my RV and Tow Vehicle info on my profile?
            Marty and Teresa
            2022 Reflection 260RD
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT

Comment

Thanks everyone for the advice. Can someone tell me how to enter my RV and Tow Vehicle info on my profile?
              This should help:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

Neil Citro

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My Friend has tried a bunch with the 2600RB....and this one is the only one he found to work correctly..... So I bought it and it works fine.
                2021 Reflection 295RL
                2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

Comment

I've been using the solar powered TireMinder Trailer TMPS, and so far no issues on my trailer. I have the booster installed in the front passthrough bay, and the receiver is mounted on my windshield near the top so it's out of main view, but easy enough to glance up at it. If you mount it there, make sure you leave enough room at the top of the device for your fingers to access it, as that's where the buttons are located.
                  It gets plenty of sunshine so it's always fully charged, but it's easy enough to run a USB wire to charge if required.
                  The sensors are only rated for up to 75PSI, so only up to D rated tires.

https://www.tireminder.com/products/...r-trailer-tpms
                  2020 Imagine 2400BH - 340W solar, Victron 100/20 MPPT & BMV-712, 12v/100ah BattleBorn GC2, MORryde CRE3000 & HD shackle w/ wet bolts.
                  2017 F150 Lariat, 3.5EB - Andersen WDH, & SumoSprings

formerly: 2016 Starcraft Launch 19BHS, 2004 Fleetwood Mesa

Comment

TST 100% dependable
                    Mal & Helen
                    With Mitzi our Yorkie
                    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
                    2020 Ford Larriet F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
                    2020 Reflection 303 RLS Sold
                    2019 King Ranch F250 Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed Destroyed by squirrels
                    B&W Companion Slider
                    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Comment

I chose the TST brand TPMS, which has color display and both pressure & temp. Mounted the booster next to the battery, just behind the propane tanks (on our previous pull-behind trailer). Never had any signal loss. While temps are at the external valve stems (not internal tire temp), they are an indicator of relative tire temps, since you can see how tire temps compare to one another. While on the road, the tires on the sunny side will run higher than shaded side. Good luck!
                      Doug & Barb
                      2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                      2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
                      No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
                      Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

After looking at many TPMS I opted for the Tire Minder TM-77. I felt it provided the best value and provided the features I needed. I have only one trip on it but no problems. It was easy to setup and 'learn' the sensors. I mounted the booster in a plastic 4" x 4" junction box on the battery support right next to the battery. Drilled holes in the bottom so the antennas of the booster stick out the bottom of the junction box.

I was going to get the Tire Minder product that uses the smartphone app but after confirming with Tire Minder the phone would need to connect to the booster through bluetooth. I use my phone to stream music while travelling so that wouldn't work as you can't have two bluetooth devices connected to the same phone.

I have tested the alerts on the TM-77 monitor and found it to reliably report. I put the monitor somewhere out of the way and wait for it to alert me to any problems.
                        Mike & Lisa
                        Central Florida
                        2021 Imagine 2970RL
                        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

We have a 2019 Grand Design Reflection TT and are considering contacting a TIRE LINC system to monitor the tire pressure. Does anyone know if the TT are prewired for these, and where do you wire it up?

Comment

Originally posted by Ontheroadagain View Post
                            We have a 2019 Grand Design Reflection TT and are considering contacting a TIRE LINC system to monitor the tire pressure. Does anyone know if the TT are prewired for these, and where do you wire it up?
                            Not to my knowledge. If you had the prewired base unit you'd know--it would be obvious. You could always buy the kit from Lippert and install it yourself--doesn't look terribly difficult to install if you are handy with common tools and basic wiring techniques.

Click image for larger version

Name:	linc.JPG
Views:	1872
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	42523

Since that was your first post, consider checking out the Welcome Letter to New Members There's a lot of info in it to orient you to the forum GD has provided for us owners.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
                              After looking at many TPMS I opted for the Tire Minder TM-77. I felt it provided the best value and provided the features I needed. I have only one trip on it but no problems. It was easy to setup and 'learn' the sensors. I mounted the booster in a plastic 4" x 4" junction box on the battery support right next to the battery. Drilled holes in the bottom so the antennas of the booster stick out the bottom of the junction box.

I was going to get the Tire Minder product that uses the smartphone app but after confirming with Tire Minder the phone would need to connect to the booster through bluetooth. I use my phone to stream music while travelling so that wouldn't work as you can't have two bluetooth devices connected to the same phone.

I have tested the alerts on the TM-77 monitor and found it to reliably report. I put the monitor somewhere out of the way and wait for it to alert me to any problems.
                              We use the TM-77 and like it but wish they would have offered an option for internal mounted sensors. I would have gladly paid to have the tires partially dismounted to have them installed. With my current system I've had a loss of connection to the furthest sensor from the booster a couple times, so I will re-locate it this spring or replace it if there is no improvement.

I wired the booster to the charge wire from the truck which made this very convenient to operate. When the truck is connected, the booster is operational, when I unplug, its off.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X