Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double check your Powerbuilt jack saddle - and proper axle jacking - for a dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double check your Powerbuilt jack saddle - and proper axle jacking - for a dummy

Powerbuilt 3-Ton All-in-One Jack

Greetings - BTW the dummy is me.

This is just something I discovered. I was double checking my jack today and discovered the saddle on top of the adjustable jack shank (bent T looking part) would NOT FIT between the spring pack U-bolts. I know many of you have these, but depending on your axles this might be an issue. I ground mine down to fit. Then it hit me, with the T as is I should not put it under the tube, even between the spring pack bolts. DOH - what was I thinking!!!!??? I should also not put the jack directly under one of the spring pack U-Bolts either - correct?

New plan is I am going to get my local welder to fab up some 3" ID saddles that have a stud welded to them so I can drill a hole on top of the T and drop in place to provide proper axle support. That way I can still use the jack for other things that the bent T still works for. Width of the saddle will be the with of the T as narrowed. That way in use the T portion will still ride between the spring pack bolts to keep from slipping sideways . There are some 3" axle adapters on the web, but non that fit this jack. When I get the saddle fabricated I will post pictures.

If I am wrong on this please let me know.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.
Working...
X