ABS Trailer Brakes - They exist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Trailer Brakes - They exist!

I was on my export radio forum and the subject got sidetracked. Subject was antenna height being above the trailer. Guy said he just has ABS disk breaks installed on his trailer. Never heard the term ABS before used with trailer breaks. Know nothing about these folks, but if it is of interest. Its for trailers with over 7K axles. https://tusonrvbrakes.com/collections

BTW - how does the Ford integrated break controller handle ABS breaking as the truck has it?
    Last edited by howson; 07-26-2020, 07:12 PM. Reason: Fixed title for ya, Keith!
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
    I was on my export radio forum and the subject got sidetracked. Subject was antenna height being above the trailer. Guy said he just has ABS disk breaks installed on his trailer. Never heard the term ABS before used with trailer breaks. Know nothing about these folks, but if it is of interest. Its for trailers with over 7K axles. https://tusonrvbrakes.com/collections

BTW - how does the Ford integrated break controller handle ABS breaking as the truck has it?
    Nice discovery. A trailer anti-lock brake system would be independent on its own anti lock braking and would have no issue with the truck that is simply sending a signal to the trailer to brake. No different than if you were braking while rapidly adjusting your trailer gain as an example. The trailer brakes would have wheel speed sensors and would control slip through this feedback signal and with independent hydraulic control to each wheel if its sophisticated.

Jim

Comment

Yoda

Brakes not breaks.(nany nany nany)

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Yoda

Brakes not breaks.(nany nany nany)

Brian
        Darn spell check - at least you knew what I was talking about

PS - do you remember new math - I got phonetic spelling - both messed me up good.

Have a Great week everyone - stay safe
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
        X