Upgrading tires and wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading tires and wheels

Recently picked up our 2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE. Has anyone upgraded the stock Westlake 205/75R14 to 225/75R15? Is there enough clearance for this? Any other requirements for the axle if we were to upgrade? Thanks!

Shock
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

GDRV spec for tire clearance is 4” with an unloaded trailer. There have been reports of tire to body contact with loaded clearance of less than 3”. I would suggest that you measure the clearance that you have today loaded for camping and calculate (based on tire OD comparison) whether you will have more than 3” of clearance with the larger tires.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Shock
      Welcome to our owners technical forum.

GDRV spec for tire clearance is 4” with an unloaded trailer. There have been reports of tire to body contact with loaded clearance of less than 3”. I would suggest that you measure the clearance that you have today loaded for camping and calculate (based on tire OD comparison) whether you will have more than 3” of clearance with the larger tires.

Rob
      Thanks! Looks like I'll be sticking with D rated tires. No worries as they are more then sufficient for our weights.

Cate&Rob Thanks again for the help!

Comment

I don't know where you're at, but I have 4- 15" wheels and tires for a good price.
        2018 Reflection 315RLTS
        2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Working...
        X