Wheel Bearings - part numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Bearings - part numbers

Time for some routine maintenance. Can anyone provide proper part numbers for wheel bearings?

2018 GD 290BH

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4688.JPG Views:	5 Size:	61.3 KB ID:	29423

Please and Thank you!
    Mike
    Last edited by RazorbackTraveler; 09-11-2020, 11:39 AM. Reason: typo on model number
    2018 290BH
    2015 F350 CCLB DRW

I do not have the numbers in front of me but if you go to Dexter's website you will be able to find them there.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That is a very good question. I went to the Dexter axle manual and searched for replacement parts. Your axle tag shows a 5,100# rated axle. But the Dexter manual only shows a 5,200# axle. I'm at a loss on how to answer your question.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by RazorbackTraveler View Post
        Time for some routine maintenance. Can anyone provide proper part numbers for wheel bearings?
        The info below was provided to the forum by member colan , a professional certified RV technician. I had the pleasure of meeting Colan at the National Rally last year where he gave a seminar on RV maintenance. I'm very confident you'll find the information accurate and reliable.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Colan.JPG
Views:	1086
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	29433
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The info below was provided to the forum by member colan , a professional certified RV technician. I had the pleasure of meeting Colan at the National Rally last year where he gave a seminar on RV maintenance. I'm very confident you'll find the information accurate and reliable.

Howard

Name:	Colan.JPG
Views:	1086
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	29433
          howson

That's a great chart, but it doesn't answer Mike's question. According to his axle tag, he has a 5,100# axle which is not listed in Colan's chart.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

howson

That's a great chart, but it doesn't answer Mike's question. According to his axle tag, he has a 5,100# axle which is not listed in Colan's chart.

Jim
            I do have 5100# axles on my 295RL and the correct bearings are the ones listed for the 5200# axles. I replaced mine at the beginning of spring with these Timken bearings and seals. I called Dexter amd they said this is what to use.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              Hmmm....seems I missed that! Why would there be a 5,100 and a 5,200 axle?

Thanks for the clarification, cwalters2112 !
              ​​​​​​​
              Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That is strange. It's a D52 so it should be 5200lbs, but it shows 5100lbs. Misprinted label?
                2018 Reflection 315RLTS
                2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

I reached out to Dexter Axel and received the following information:

Name:	Trailer Dexter Axel.jpg
Views:	1001
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	29910​​​​​​​
                  2018 290BH
                  2015 F350 CCLB DRW

Comment

Working...
                  X