Rear Axle Spring Hanger Broke off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
    I had a similar situation a couple of years ago. Lippert added V Clips and because I could not add the MorRyde braces, Lippert welded 2 x 2 crossmembers as described in this thread

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...0656#post20656
    Great information. Was the Grand Design still under warranty when they did the repairs? Mine turned two years old last month, figures ;-) Looks like the V clips are the way to go.

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by kz0m View Post

Great information. Was the Grand Design still under warranty when they did the repairs? Mine turned two years old last month, figures ;-) Looks like the V clips are the way to go.

Carl
      No it was past one year warranty but Lippert helped me out with cost of mobile welder. You can get the v clips from Lippert and have a welder attach them. I now carry extra hanger bracket, a spring pack, shackles and all bolts needed. You can always find an installer or welder but can’t ever get parts on a weekend or in the middle of nowhere.
      Last edited by Beachcamper; 09-21-2022, 10:46 PM.
      Vivian
      2018 Reflection 303rls
      Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
      Demco Recon

Comment

Once repaired, I would add crossbracing between the hangers and tie them in. It's amazing the strength you add when doing this. We run 3 this is why all your hangers are tied together.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...de/MR47ZR.html

Comment

No it was past one year warranty but Lippert helped me out with cost of mobile welder. You can get the v clips from Lippert and have a welder attach them. I now carry extra hanger bracket, a spring pack, shackles and all bolts needed. You can always find an installer or welder but can’t ever get parts on a weekend or in the middle of nowhere.
          I find Lippert and Granddesign solution /concern bracket failure totally unacceptable. Prior to purchasing our 2021 303 I questioned Granddesign to what they did to correct the hanger issue. They said it was fixed but did not specifically say how or what they did. I have kept all my emails.
          I would strongly suggest you contact the federal USA safety authority and or a lawyer. This is your due deligence.
          This is a known safety issue with dire consequences.
          Enjoy your trailer and good luck.
          coops
          Cooper
          2021 303RLS
          2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

One member here came up with a clever method of installing the X Factor bracket on the center hanger with V Clips. He used longer bolts and installed the retaining bracket to the outside if I recall correctly.

Jim

Comment

I have contacted Lippert and they created a case number for the issue on our 303rls. Had to email several documents and pictures but was told they would fix the hanger that failed and any other hangers that look compromised. We will be getting some reimbursement for at least two tires that were compromised as a resource the left rear hanger failure, not full dollar amount as the tires were not new but any amount will be good. Lippert customer service guys that I talked to, two of them, were very helpful and emailed me the information that was needed. Was told a claim decision would be made within 48 hours and would ship the V clips to me to be installed locally at a welding service that could do the work. Time will tell about reimbursement for the mobile welding and two tires, so far, impressed with Lippert customer service.

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by kz0m View Post

I have contacted Lippert and they created a case number for the issue on our 303rls. Had to email several documents and pictures but was told they would fix the hanger that failed and any other hangers that look compromised. We will be getting some reimbursement for at least two tires that were compromised as a resource the left rear hanger failure, not full dollar amount as the tires were not new but any amount will be good. Lippert customer service guys that I talked to, two of them, were very helpful and emailed me the information that was needed. Was told a claim decision would be made within 48 hours and would ship the V clips to me to be installed locally at a welding service that could do the work. Time will tell about reimbursement for the mobile welding and two tires, so far, impressed with Lippert customer service.

Carl
                Great news! The check was sent to me as promised I have only good things to say about how they responded to my situation.
                Vivian
                2018 Reflection 303rls
                Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                Demco Recon

Comment

Working...
                X