Part number for wet bolt nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
    I thought all the Dexter wet bolts were installed with brass bushings?? If not, then you may well be right. However, it hasn't been too long ago that all trailers came with nylon bushings and wet greaseable bolts were unheard of. Folks ran those for years without ever greasing or changing them.

I will know when I get into the job. It's going to be a lot bigger job if I have to install brass bushings.
    My 2017 Reflection travel trailer had a Lippert suspension. It had nylon bushings and standard bolts. I upgraded the suspension with MorRyde components before taking our first trip. So the only miles the unit had were the delivery from Middlebury Indiana to Tucson Arizona which is about 1850 miles, including the 10 miles from the dealer to my house.

The metal components were spalled, and the nylon bushings were already worn through and I was getting metal on metal rubbing and noise. If you know you have nylon bushings, I'd consider changing sooner rather than later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spalling.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	30110

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0730.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	30111

Attached Files
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Grand Design is sending me 4 wet bolts, nuts, and bushings. The customer service rep stated the bushings were bronze, but in looking at the replacement parts on GD's website I'm wondering if they are not in fact nylon.

The same kit on etrailer.com shows all bronze bushings, so I'll soon find out. Either way, I will eventually end up installing bronze bushings in all fittings.
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
        Grand Design is sending me 4 wet bolts, nuts, and bushings. The customer service rep stated the bushings were bronze, but in looking at the replacement parts on GD's website I'm wondering if they are not in fact nylon.

The same kit on etrailer.com shows all bronze bushings, so I'll soon find out. Either way, I will eventually end up installing bronze bushings in all fittings.
        Mine with the wet bolts and heavy duty shackles that come stock from GD are bronze bushings. I suspect that yours will be too but never know.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
        X