What size axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size axles

What size axles are on the 2021 29 RS? I want to know the GVWR Difference from the 2020

Originally posted by KimbraK View Post
    I want to know the GVWR Difference from the 2020
    The answer based on what I can find is 500lbs. 11,495 is the GVWR on the GD website for the current 29RS and looking up historical data (at https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2020-...n-29rs-tr42866) shows the 2020 at 10,995.

No idea why the GVWR changed.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I think they upped the axles from 5200 to 6K, but I can’t find anyone to confirm it!

Comment

I think they upped the axles from 5200 to 6K, but I can’t find anyone to confirm it!
        GDRV-Megan -- can you answer this question? Member is inquiring about the axle size on a 2021 Reflection 29RS. (See other posts for more info as required.)

Howard

P.S. KimbraK--please be patient on the response from our host as this is the weekend.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Out of curiosity, what's the imperative to know? What's motivating the question? There are many inter-related components that determine the GVWR, not just the axles.

Comment

I have the 2020... the layout for the 2021 is exactly the same except for the extra cabinet in the bathroom but the GVRW went up 500#. I’ve barely got a thing in ours and I’m close to max, so I’m thinking about upping axles.... but nosy about what they did different in the two years to gain the extra 500#

Comment

I have the 2020... the layout for the 2021 is exactly the same except for the extra cabinet in the bathroom but the GVRW went up 500#. I’ve barely got a thing in ours and I’m close to max, so I’m thinking about upping axles.... but nosy about what they did different in the two years to gain the extra 500#
              As I implied in post 5, there's a lot more to a suspension than just the axles. But since I don't know your background, you could be an automotive engineer and know full well all that's entailed. (You never know who will come onto this forum!)

If you're not fully versed in suspensions (I certainly am not) there are a few members here who have extensive experience in this area. Hopefully they will chime in when they see this thread. It will be interesting to read Megan's response, too.

Finally, keep in mind that no matter what you do to the trailer nothing changes the "official" (sticker) GVWR of the trailer.

Comment

What size axles are on the 2021 29 RS? I want to know the GVWR Difference from the 2020
                This unit is currently being installed with 5200# axles.

Comment

Thank you Megan! Sure wish I knew what makes the difference in GVWR! Have a great evening

Comment

Working...
                  X