Axels bent????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axels bent????

I happened to notice on the last camping trip my one axel is bent in the middle. I have a 2021 "22MLE". I know I didn't hit anything and I don't see any damage to it so my question is, is this normal? It's not really bad but you can see it. I didn't notice when I bought it but I didn't crawl under it to see if the axles were straight. Only about 250 miles on the trailer since July.
    John and Lori
    2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
    2021 Imagine 22MLE

Originally posted by JHC View Post
    I happened to notice on the last camping trip my one axel is bent in the middle. I have a 2021 "22MLE". I know I didn't hit anything and I don't see any damage to it so my question is, is this normal? It's not really bad but you can see it. I didn't notice when I bought it but I didn't crawl under it to see if the axles were straight. Only about 250 miles on the trailer since July.
    An axle looking like it is bent up is how it is supposed to look. Straight or bent down is a problem.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Calbar is correct there should be an arc to your axles. But I'm wondering why you said only one seems 'bent up' in the middle. They should both arc up a little bit and both be about the same.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Can you post pictures of the axles?

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I checked and both axles are slightly bent upward.
          John and Lori
          2018 F150 XLT SCAB 2.7l
          2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

I checked and both axles are slightly bent upward.
            That's good--exactly as they should be.

Below is an example ("stolen" from an LCI document):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Axle.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	31514
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
            X