Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearing Grease

Several Questions
    1. I have a 2020 Transcend Xplor 265 BH . I’m getting to many answers for the type of grease to use on the axle. Would like a definitive answer if someone could help...
    2. Would like to upgrade my suspension and need to know my wheel base . Is it 33 or 35.. 7k trips out west a very taxing at times and would like to help cushion the ride.
    3. Also has anyone up the wheel size to 16s on this trailer? Are there any benefits to this other than tire and wheel choices.
    Last edited by Rolltide2524; 09-29-2020, 01:37 PM.

I use Mobil 1. Almost all the cost is in the labor so you might as well use the good stuff.

How do you want to upgrade the suspension and how is it taxing? You have a light trailer, so I’d expect it to tow like it wasn’t there. Often the best upgrade you can make for trailer towing stability is to upgrade the tires on your tow vehicle, hitch or the tow vehicle itself. Most any “upgrade” to the trailer suspension comes at a cost of a rougher ride for the trailer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Rolltide2524

Lucas "Red N Tacky" bearing grease has been the grease used by many of us on this forum, for many years.
      Good advice and questions from Jkwilson in post 2! .

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Looking at the Moryde just to smooth the hard hits of bridges across the US . I only ride at 65 rarely at 70 so I try my best to miss the big stuff .
        Love the trailer and floor plan so I plan on keeping along time so if I can make it easier on it I will.
        On the grease Synthetic or regular?

Comment

Synthetic is all I use for bearings, transmission oil, and engine oil. It's just better.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

As far as your wheel base - measure the distance from middle of the hub to middle of the other hub. That is the distance used to determine which suspension kit is needed.

The main reason for the suspension upgrade is to get metal bushings and wet bolt setup.
              Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
              X