Hub bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub bolts

If a bolt is broken does that mean I need to get a new hub or just the bolts?

Originally posted by LMGoettsch View Post
    Good morning and welcome to the technical forum. If a wheel stud is broken, it can usually be replaced without having to replace the entire hub. I'd recommend you pull the hub, And attempt to drive out the broken stud. Then, take it to a parts store for replacement. Make sure you take one of the lug nuts with you also in order to make sure the threads match up. If you can't get the stud out of the hub, take it to a machine shop and they can press it out. A machine shop would also be able to press a new stud in.

Jim.

P.S. Since you're just joining us, the following thread may make help you navigate the forum a little easier.
    https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The bolt(s) can be pressed out and replaced . . . but, you need to understand why one or more broke. This could be an indication of a more significant problem.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks much.

Comment

Cate&Rob

Rob is correct - why is it broken? Were you changing a tire? Have you had tire work done recently? Studs just don't break unless over torqued. I wold have all the studs replaced on that wheel just to be safe and try to find out why it broke.
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
          X