New truck OEM trailer TPMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New truck OEM trailer TPMS

We recently purchased a new 2020 GMC 1 Ton with factory TPMS. According to the docs, we can add up to 6 TPMS sensors for trailer tires. However I understand the highest low pressure set point that can be set is 99 PSI. Has anyone installed these sensors and if you have, how have you found them?
    Our rig is a 42' toyhauler with 3 axles so I also have a concern with reading sensors that far back.
    I really don't like cluttering up my dash with extra screens and power wires if I don't have to.
    Thanks
    -
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
    Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Originally posted by KamFlyer View Post
    We recently purchased a new 2020 GMC 1 Ton with factory TPMS. According to the docs, we can add up to 6 TPMS sensors for trailer tires. However I understand the highest low pressure set point that can be set is 99 PSI. Has anyone installed these sensors and if you have, how have you found them?
    Our rig is a 42' toyhauler with 3 axles so I also have a concern with reading sensors that far back.
    I really don't like cluttering up my dash with extra screens and power wires if I don't have to.
    Thanks
    Guest ?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

KamFlyer , Rob,

There should be information in your owners manual on setting up the TPMS. I do not have this system but I'll see what I can learn.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
        KamFlyer , Rob,

There should be information in your owners manual on setting up the TPMS. I do not have this system but I'll see what I can learn.

Jim
        Yes, I have seen that. Looking for someone with real world experience who can comment of the specifics in my post.
        -
        2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink

Comment

Yes, I have seen that. Looking for someone with real world experience who can comment of the specifics in my post.
          Since I do not own a truck with this system we can wait for a person that does. Or....

For what it's worth your TTPMS sensors will work <= 23 Ft from the hitch receiver of the vehicle, where the TTPMS receiver is behind the rear license plate. The EL50448 Activation tool can be used for the pairing of your sensors to the vehicle.

https://www.amazon.com/JDiag-Relearn...s%2C175&sr=8-3

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 10-19-2020, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

For what it's worth your TTPMS sensors will work <= 23 Ft from the hitch receiver of the vehicle, where the TTPMS receiver is behind the rear license plate. The EL50448 Activation tool can be used for the pairing of your sensors to the vehicle.

Jim
            Thanks Jim. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I am about 26' to the centre of the rear axle :(
            I wonder if there is a repeater that would work with the GM sensors?
            -

Comment

Thanks Jim. That's the kind of info I was looking for. I am about 26' to the centre of the rear axle :(
              I wonder if there is a repeater that would work with the GM sensors?
              I am not aware of a repeater.

Jim

Comment

Working...
              X