Who Makes the Spare 15 X 6 5.5 WHITE SPOKE STEEL WHEEL? Need 16" one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Makes the Spare 15 X 6 5.5 WHITE SPOKE STEEL WHEEL? Need 16" one

Parts look up does not show just the steel wheel. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/10936

Anyone know who makes it or a source for an equivalent. I am adding a 2nd spare for my Alaska trip in the future - probably 2022. I would need 16 X 6.5 5.5 to match my upgraded tires. I can probably get away with a 6" width if needed.
    Etrailer carry's Dexstar in the 6" width https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Tir...r/AM20741.html Have no idea if price is good.

Thanks
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Keith - If you're trying to match up the OEM steel wheel, I'd recommend you call LionsHead tire and wheel who are the suppliers to GDRV. (574)533-6169. They're located in Goshen Indiana.

I think when I purchase my second tire and wheel, I'm going to go with two Jaguar wheels so I can rotate tires and wheels as needed. When I do that, I'd be happy to give you the old wheel (15" six lug) free of charge, just pay for the shipping.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Yoda
      Hi Keith,

Wheels to match your OE road wheels are not that expensive. I carry one spare on a wheel that matches and one spare on the original steel wheel (I would rather have two spare wheels that match my road wheels). As Jim TucsonJim describes, the best plan would be to have all tires on matching road wheels. Then, you can rotate as need be, to even out wear or replace if needed without having to go back and change things after you get a tire replaced on any rim.

Rob
      ​​​​​​​
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Yoda
        Hi Keith,

Wheels to match your OE road wheels are not that expensive. I carry one spare on a wheel that matches and one spare on the original steel wheel (I would rather have two spare wheels that match my road wheels). As Jim TucsonJim describes, the best plan would be to have all tires on matching road wheels. Then, you can rotate as need be, to even out wear or replace if needed without having to go back and change things after you get a tire replaced on any rim.

Rob
        ​​​​​​​
        TucsonJim

Rob and Jim
        I have 5 new 16" wheels ready to go (http://sendelwheel.com/wheels/t13.html) T13 665655BM - just waiting on Goodyear to have a good sale (probably this spring according to Discount tire). In planning the Alaska trip I wanted a 2nd spare. I guess I cold order a 6th matching wheel, but it would be pricey, so thought a plane steel wheel would be better, especially as it will be under the trailer using the original tire mount. Ill add the pin lock at the frame to keep it from dropping.

But you have me thinking that having a 6th matching one would allow for better rotation. Man you guys are expensive .

Thanks
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
          Parts look up does not show just the steel wheel. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/10936

Anyone know who makes it or a source for an equivalent. I am adding a 2nd spare for my Alaska trip in the future - probably 2022. I would need 16 X 6.5 5.5 to match my upgraded tires. I can probably get away with a 6" width if needed.
          Etrailer carry's Dexstar in the 6" width https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Tir...r/AM20741.html Have no idea if price is good.

Thanks
          Keith
          Keith,
          For my second spare I ordered from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/ArcWheel-...-5-5/155632452

Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	35248

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yoda As a part of my possible axle repair/upgrade (stalled due to time and season being over) I have explored 16" wheels as well. I decided if I went that route I would do the Lionshead Jaguar which etrailer had for 127.69 each, and I would get the same for the spare so it could be rotated in. Plus aluminum under the trailer has to do better than painted steel right? FYI This wheel is rated to 3200 pounds, which is less than the capacity of the Goodyear Endurance 16" tires, but was pretty much the highest weight capacity I could find without going to an eight lug wheel which means all new hubs and drums as well.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Keith,
              For my second spare I ordered from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/ArcWheel-...-5-5/155632452

Click image for larger version

Name:	Walmart.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	35248

Howard
              Thanks Howard The rating of 3500 lbs should be good
              ncitro
              There have been some cracking issues with the 16" Jaguar reported so that's why I went with the Sendel The 16" T13 are rated at 3750 lbs which is more than I need.

Now the news that is making me ponder. I found a 6th rim. https://recstuff.com/trailer-wheels/...-t13-665655bm/
              However I have never dealt with them before. I am awaiting a call back from Discount to see what price they can give me. I have noticed my rims may be disconnected. My other choice is just carry an unmounted spare in the truck for the second spare and have it mounted if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Thanks Howard The rating of 3500 lbs should be good
                ncitro
                There have been some cracking issues with the 16" Jaguar reported so that's why I went with the Sendel The 16" T13 are rated at 3750 lbs which is more than I need.

Now the news that is making me ponder. I found a 6th rim. https://recstuff.com/trailer-wheels/...-t13-665655bm/
                However I have never dealt with them before. I am awaiting a call back from Discount to see what price they can give me. I have noticed my rims may be disconnected. My other choice is just carry an unmounted spare in the truck for the second spare and have it mounted if need be.
                Nice option, I saw the cracking, but thought it was old, and if its what they are putting on the rigs at the factory there should be tons of complaints if it had an issue. Will definitely research more if I go that route.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Yoda
                  FYI, regarding RecStuff, nothing bad to say about them
                  I bought a set of HiSpec Series 03 wheels from RecStuff. Price was the best I could find. Shipped timely.
                  2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                  Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Anybody have any experience or feedback on Sendel wheels? I am looking to upgrade to 16" wheels. Currently I have Lionshead Jaguar 15" on the trailer. .
                    Tony G
                    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
                    2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
                    KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post
                      Anybody have any experience or feedback on Sendel wheels? I am looking to upgrade to 16" wheels. Currently I have Lionshead Jaguar 15" on the trailer. .
                      Tony
                      The wheels I got appear to be well made, I first looked for USA made ones, but they don't exist in a style I liked. My local Discount Tire manager recommended Sendel to me. He said he had seen zero issues with them. I got a good price and I know Discount tire will stand behind them if there is an issue. I also searched for issues and found none.

Hope this helps

Comment

That does. Good feedback. Thanks
                        Tony G
                        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
                        2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
                        KTM 250XC

Comment

Originally posted by tgodrich View Post
                          That does. Good feedback. Thanks
                          If your serious I suggest going through a local dealer. That way you support your community and have someone to back you up just in case. Sendel has a very diverse selection. Just double check your load capacity needed and if you upgrading to 16" triple check measurements. You need at least 3" clearance top and between tires.

Stay safe and have a Happy Thanksgiving
                          Keith

Comment

And check the PSI rating of the wheel. I never used to until I took a wheel off my 2006 Titanium and it said "60 PSI MAX" on the backside of the wheel. I had 80 PSI tires on those rims...
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
                              And check the PSI rating of the wheel. I never used to until I took a wheel off my 2006 Titanium and it said "60 PSI MAX" on the backside of the wheel. I had 80 PSI tires on those rims...
                              BTW - The standard "Jaguar" wheels that come on most of our rigs do not have a maximum PSI listed anywhere on the wheel. They just list the maximum weight. We've been told by GDRV and Lions Head Wheel that these wheels can handle 110psi as long as the valve stem is up to the task.

Jim
                              Jim and Ginnie
                              2024 Solitude 310GK
                              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
                              X