No announcement yet.

Who Makes the Spare 15 X 6 5.5 WHITE SPOKE STEEL WHEEL? Need 16" one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the best of my knowledge, you need steel valve stems for 110psi?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
      That's all I was able to find when I was searching back in '14 for my 337RLS. I haven't looked in several years.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

That may not be accurate. My Discount tire store carry's rubber ones rated to 110. They don't use steel due to too may rusting leaking issues. Now in looking up the Ford trailer TPMS they are rubber, but I cant find the pressure rating on them. Could be wrong on this - you got me thinking and looking.
        Last edited by Yoda; 11-21-2020, 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

That may not be accurate. My Discount tire store carrys rubber ones rated to 110. They don't use steel due to too may rusting leaking issues. No in looking up the Ford trailer TPMS they are rubber, but I can find the pressure rating on them. Could be wrong on this - you got me thinking and looking
          When I bought the HiSpec wheels (2019) I ordered 110psi valve stems to go with them. The ones that came with the wheels were metal. That's where I got my thinking that 110psi stems were metal.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

When I bought the HiSpec wheels (2019) I ordered 110psi valve stems to go with them. The ones that came with the wheels were metal. That's where I got my thinking that 110psi stems were metal.
            Scott
            I did a bit of internet surfing last night and the highest rated rubber stems I could find was 100PSI. Then I realized I am going with the GD Endurance and they only need 80 psi - same as my load rang E truck tires which originally came with steel valve stems (now rubber). Maybe that's why Discount said what they said. Now if you running G rated at 110 psi it looks like steel is the only way to go.

You were correct -- sorry

Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy and Yoda , been running at 110psi with rubber valves (OEM) for a little over two years now without a problem
              John
              2018 Momentum 395M
              2018 Ram 3500 Dually
              Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
                Scott'n'Wendy and Yoda , been running at 110psi with rubber valves (OEM) for a little over two years now without a problem
                John
                Do you happen to know the brand and model of the valve stems your using. Would help folks like me .
                Thanks

And Happy Thanksgiving

Comment

You know, at my age I should know to look before I speak or type. I double checked and I do have metal stems. Parts list and build sheet aren't detailed enough to tell me who made the rims or the stems (Dexter 7,000 lbs axels if that is any help). Sorry about the confusion and getting your hopes up.

And a Happy Turkey Day back at you.

Oh, there is a sticker on the rim that reads "IMF" if that is any help
                  John
                  2018 Momentum 395M
                  2018 Ram 3500 Dually
                  Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Working...
                  X