Tire Linc Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob P View Post

Scott'n'Wendy, quick question, does your Reflection have steel or rubber stems??
    FWIW . . . I have run the similar size TireMinder sensors on rubber stems for over 25,000 miles with no problems. The quality and fit to Lionshead wheels of aftermarket metal stems makes this "upgrade" rather questionable (in my opinion). The TireMinder sensors also have lock rings that I have never installed. Being able to remove a sensor without having to go find a special tool always seemed like a good idea to me. (I don't know if the LCI sensors can be installed without the lock feature or not) In five years, I have not encountered a "missing" sensor and I also run these full time on the truck.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

FWIW . . . I have run the similar size TireMinder sensors on rubber stems for over 25,000 miles with no problems. The quality and fit to Lionshead wheels of aftermarket metal stems makes this "upgrade" rather questionable (in my opinion). The TireMinder sensors also have lock rings that I have never installed. Being able to remove a sensor without having to go find a special tool always seemed like a good idea to me. (I don't know if the LCI sensors can be installed without the lock feature or not) In five years, I have not encountered a "missing" sensor and I also run these full time on the truck.

Rob
      Thanks Rob. I know others brands say to change to metal. I talked with someone at Tire Lync/Lippert and they also confirmed rubber is ok to use. 'For our TMPS 2.0 system, you would not need to change out the stems, as this works with steel or rubber stems.' Sometimes internet is a bad thing when you see something and think, I'm next!!
      Bob P.
      2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
      2020 337RLS
      VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Bob P
        My reflection has steel stems. BUT, a bit of a story. I traded in my previous fifth wheel. I had just bought new 110psi wheels and Endurance tires and steel valve stems. Part of the trade deal was I wanted to keep my new rims and tires. So, I don't know what the Reflection came with from the factory. I never looked.
        2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Brittany View Post

Okay, I have additional information. This part number is not on our website as it’s considered an aftermarket item; therefore, it will not be listed on the website. Only what is built with the unit will show in our parts lookup. Owners will need to have a dealer contact GD to order the kit or they can go directly through Lippert to order the kit.
          There is nothing on the Lippert website about the repeater and sensors being available as a kit, although they promote the fact that new trailers are being prepped. My dealer told me they need to call GD to get ordering information for #450149, and as usual I got no follow up. Does Grand Design not have any dealers with an online parts presence? It doesn't seem as though it should be so hard to accomplish this!

Comment

Originally posted by jbjlock View Post

There is nothing on the Lippert website about the repeater and sensors being available as a kit, although they promote the fact that new trailers are being prepped. My dealer told me they need to call GD to get ordering information for #450149, and as usual I got no follow up. Does Grand Design not have any dealers with an online parts presence? It doesn't seem as though it should be so hard to accomplish this!
            Did you ever hear back? I am seeing the same thing from the dealers.

Comment

You may want to do a search and read what some members have said about their experiences with this system. Personally, I would look elsewhere. All the loose parts (included the corroded sensors) are sitting in a box in my trailer and thats where they shall remain.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

This prep kit from what i see should have not been installed to start with because it causes to much confusion. my 2021 MM 376THS was prepped and didn`t even have the repeater only the mount and if it doesn`t work any better than my one control it is useless to me and i am going to replace it with the TST system will come with 6 sensors and the tire linc only comes with 4 and if you need the 2 extra sensors there is extra cost. With TST 6 sensor kit cheaper.
                Bryan & Shelia
                2008 chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 6.6 Duramax
                2021 GD 376THS MM

Comment

It seems that the prep isn’t worth what grand design is selling. I bought mine used and now the lack of support is grand design. I wish they would read the forum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scgnome View Post
                    It seems that the prep isn’t worth what grand design is selling. I bought mine used and now the lack of support is grand design. I wish they would read the forum!!!
                    We do provide this information to GD. To get the best support from the Tire Linc contact Lippert, the manufacture of this product. They are great to work with and will help you with your issues.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

My old setup with the 2 corroded sensors is going in the trash when my new truck gets here. If anyone thinks they can make use of the parts just drop me a note and its yours to scavenge for parts.
                      Scott
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Now I know why I like this sight. Sorry for slow response, health.

Comment

Everyone has an issue , guess that’s why we have each other, sorry for slow response health.Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X