suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

I am getting ready to order a 353G can the morride independent , disk brake be added as an build option?

Originally posted by Chopchopbangbang View Post
    I am getting ready to order a 353G can the morride independent , disk brake be added as an build option?
    According to Grand Design's build and price on their website these are not an option. You could call customer service and ask as they may do it but do not have it on the website, your dealer should also know this as well.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Watch Changing Lanes' video on the topic. It may take some coordination on your part, but it can be done. Brian at MORryde will surely help you get this done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brian.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	39487
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We just had it done in January, 2020 (second MORryde IS installation for us). It's not a build option but rather coordination with both MORryde and GD to have the unit transported to MORryde and back to GD prior to delivery to you dealership. We had to enter into an agreement with MORryde and pay them separately (although I understand that, at least for a short while, GD was working things out so the cost of the IS could be incorporated into the loan... don't know if that's still the case). Let me know if you have other questions.

Rob
        Last edited by Second Chance; 01-05-2021, 10:15 AM. Reason: Fix typo
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Just my 2 cents:

They are unique and require unique parts - not available on your travels.

Leaf springs are cheap and available everywhere.

Change to disk brakes, add shocks, buy an extra set of leaf springs if you are worried abut it. You’ll be about $5000,000 ahead....

I added shocks to my 353G. Night and day....

Disk brakes are next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms0691 View Post
            ... They are unique and require unique parts - not available on your travels.
            But you are FAR less likely to need replacement parts for the MORryde IS that the OEM leaf spring system.

Rob

Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

No, but as Second Chance mentioned, Grand Design will transport your RV to and from MORryde to have the work done. They did a great job coordinating this work for us.

Once Grand Design has your "offline date" (date your RV comes off the production line) scheduled, you contact MORryde and get on their schedule. You then let Grand Design know when your appointment is with MORryde and they will arrange to have your RV transported. You are wise to consider replacing the factory suspension.
              Brian & Kellie
              2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
              2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
              2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
              2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Working...
              X