Taskmaster Provider Tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taskmaster Provider Tire

Tires were quite hot a couple of weeks ago when towing from Corpus Christi to Fort Worth. Took IR temp readings periodically. Tires were HOT (Goodyear Endurance ST235/80R16 Load E). I was not going much over 55 mph in an effort to keep em cool. Not under inflated. They were I inflated per GY’s Load/Pressure chart. That being said, I decided to pull the trigger on Taskmaster Provider ST 235/85R16 Load G. The stock tire size that came with the camper (per sticker) could not handle the full GVWR of the camper. ThIs tire will exceed the GVWR by a large margin. Has anyone seen a Pressure/Load chart for this tire? I am not finding anything on the manufacture website and have not heard back from them yet. Thanks
    Tom Boucher
    2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”
    2014 Grand Design Reflection 323BHS “Big Phat Sally”

Tom,

What was the ambient temperature and the temperature and pressure of your E rated GY tires? What is the weight of your Reflection?

Jim
    Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2019, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
      Tires were quite hot a couple of weeks ago when towing from Corpus Christi to Fort Worth. Took IR temp readings periodically. Tires were HOT (Goodyear Endurance ST235/80R16 Load E). I was not going much over 55 mph in an effort to keep em cool. Not under inflated. They were I inflated per GY’s Load/Pressure chart. That being said, I decided to pull the trigger on Taskmaster Provider ST 235/85R16 Load G. The stock tire size that came with the camper (per sticker) could not handle the full GVWR of the camper. ThIs tire will exceed the GVWR by a large margin. Has anyone seen a Pressure/Load chart for this tire? I am not finding anything on the manufacture website and have not heard back from them yet. Thanks
      I (respectfully) disagree that the E rated Goodyear cannot handle the sticker weight of the trailer.

The GVWR (maximum weight the manufacturer says the trailer can handle) is 13,995 lbs per https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2014-...323bhs-tr19981

A Goodyear Endurance, inflated to 80 psi, can carry 3420 lbs. Four tires x 3420 = 13,680. Given that your truck is carrying at least 20% of the weight of the trailer (pin on the truck), the maximum your tires should ever see is a combined (just a little over) 11,000 lbs. That is well within the specs of the Goodyear tire.

With a few exceptions (early Momentum trailers come to mind) I'm not a fan of using G-rated tires on a E-rated spec'd trailer. The Lippert suspension is not very robust (putting it politely). By putting stiffer tires on the trailer they will transfer more work to said suspension, even if you deflate them to the recommended PSI based on the trailer's weight.

Along with Brian, I'm very curious about the actual numbers. Please post them when you get a chance.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you want to learn more about Taskmaster tires, the first two letters of the DOT code on the sidewall should be on this reference chart. http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tire-...ed-plant-code/ The "Taskmaster" name does not show up on its own, so I would suspect that these tires come from one of the Chinese plants manufacturing many different brands.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

• Big Red
          Big Red commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks, checking

95-105 degree heat. Probably around 95-97 when I checked tire temp and discovered left side was 142 degrees and right was around 125 degre
        Tom Boucher
        2012 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Turbo Diesel Crew-cab “Bid Red aka Fat Bottom Girl”

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
          95-105 degree heat. Probably around 95-97 when I checked tire temp and discovered left side was 142 degrees and right was around 125 degre
          Your temps mimic the sunny side versus the shaded side as well as the heavy side versus the light side weights. These tire discussions always get exciting. Will be interesting to know your findings on the new tires compared to the old. I know you will not be able to duplicate the scenario but close will still be interesting.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

• Big Red
            Big Red commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty much what it is. Heavy with the slides and appliances on the left, traveling northerly. More to follow on this thread. Next tow is Columbus day weekend. Thanks guys.

Tom,

What tire pressure were you running with the 142 and 125 temps? You stated that you were using the pressure tables so it may be assumed you were below the max possible pressures of 80 psi? The factory size tire listed on the yellow tag should be inflated to the listed pressure. For moving to a heavier rated tire, and using the load tables, a side to side weight check (especially on those heavy side units) should be performed to determine the proper pressure.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 09-10-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
            Tom,

What tire pressure were you running with the 142 and 125 temps? You stated that you were using the pressure tables so it may be assumed you were below the max possible pressures of 80 psi? The factory size tire listed on the yellow tag should be inflated to the listed pressure. For moving to a heavier rated tire, and using the load tables, a side to side weight check (especially on those heavy side units) should be performed to determine the proper pressure.

Jim
            69 or 70 psi on the right and 73 psi on the left. The camper was only 12,871. Pin weight 1980. So only 10891 on the tires? I would think that weigh check would be especially critical with the E Range tires. Started the tow with both sides at 69 or 70psi and I had noticed the left side warmer than the right during the tow to the destination and increased pressure on the left by 4 or so pounds. The remaining trip down had all 4 tires within a degree of each other at approx 115. Sticker indicates 80psi. The psi I had was inline with the charts.
            Tom Boucher

Comment

Tom,

It looks like you got it sorted out by adding air to the left side or low pressure for the left side and the sun load were having adverse effects. Interesting.....I was just reading my Imagine manual (man I need another hobby) and noticed GDRV endorses the use of the pressure charts with the OEM tires, where they put great emphasis on weighing the coach.

Jim
              Last edited by Guest; 09-11-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• Big Red
                Big Red commented
                Editing a comment
                Yup. Thanks for the input. I will keep you guys updated with the Gs. There are no existing tables and the tire capacity greatly surpasses the camper.GVWR. I Will need to find a happy medium for structural stability of the tire, keeping a good footprint on the ground and not tadversly affecting camper suspension. More to follow... Cheers

1 trip completed (400 plus miles) with new tires. Tire Company that installed them could only inflate them to 90psi (air regulator restriction) in lieu of manufacturer recommendation of 110psi. I inflated up to 100psi in an attempt to maintain sidewall stability and keep full tread on the road based off weight. TPMS indicated up to 113 psi and 72°. It was approximately 65° out.

The inside of the camper was in good order. Nothing thrown around like a small earthquake had happened. I will inspect and monitor the suspension itself as time goes on. I am impressed so far. Definite piece of mind.
              Tom Boucher

Comment

Working...
              X