Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LionsHead wheels

Hello,
    We are just curious if anyone else has had issues with their LionsHead wheels. We've had two crack on the inside, near the spoke. LionsHead has been very prompt in replacing both, but I asked them to replace the other two, thinking they must be from the same lot and they wouldn't. We retire in 60 days and I'd like to have more confidence in the two wheels they didn't replace. We have a 2021 382wbr with the 8,000 lbs axels and 17.5" tires.
    Thanks

Originally posted by NotExactlyAimless View Post
    Hello,
    We are just curious if anyone else has had issues with their LionsHead wheels. We've had two crack on the inside, near the spoke. LionsHead has been very prompt in replacing both, but I asked them to replace the other two, thinking they must be from the same lot and they wouldn't. We retire in 60 days and I'd like to have more confidence in the two wheels they didn't replace. We have a 2021 382wbr with the 8,000 lbs axels and 17.5" tires.
    Thanks
    The only issue I have had is the typical flaking of the finish. While not unheard of (a cracked wheel) having two on a new unit is not something I can remember reading before. (BTW--good find! You must be a thorough inspector of your rig on a regular basis.)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, I 'found' the first one when I pulled to the side of the road in SLC because my TPMS alarm sounded and the second happened when we were parked in a campground and I just visually noted that the tire looked low. So don't give me too much credit.

Comment

I've seen several reports over the years of these wheels failing. I know my buddy Paul & Deb had one fail too.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X