TPMS and Woes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS and Woes?

We purchased and had installed during delivery process a TPMS for our Imagine 2250RK.
    What a disaster by probable inept service people.
    We had no end of trouble during our shake-down excursion and turned the system off completely.
    Between back surgery (success) and the healing process we are just now ready for at least one more outing before fall/winter conditions force us off the road.
    Fortunately YouTube had absolutely extraordinary video coverage for everything that was/is omitted from the instructions (YES I read them repeatedly).
    Now I am convinced that I have a working TPMS that will be tested in the next 48 hours.

TST Model 507WSD

I've had two different brands and I would say in general the systems can be a little tempermental.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S Series 2930RL

Comment

I had a small problem when setting up the tst on my last rv, made a call to the 1-880 number and a tech was in touch with me within minutes.Was told that they where a good company and am happy with the 507.

Comment

I have a Tire Minder monitoring system and have had no issues.

Comment

Pressure Pro has been working ok for me. Sometimes takes a while to detect (5 minutes or more), but once detected, the connection stays good all day.

This is the third brand I tried. The first two I returned due to poor connectivity or horrible user interfaces. I started out with the PP phone app version 1.0. It was a joke. They sent me their old school dedicated monitor free of charge, and now I'm pretty satisfied.

Long and short of it, I think all of them are DOS-era apps that are no more sophisticated than PacMan was.

-Steve
          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
          Somerset, WI

Comment

The support for my TST 507 has been nothing but outstanding. Both email and phone support have worked well for me. The first time I called about replacement batteries and went directly to support for brand/replacement type within minutes. The second time was an email: I have the new color display model and the screen started intermittently dimming on our trip home over the weekend. I emailed TST support and within 11 minutes (I checked the timestamps) I had a suggested solution. Turns out the new color display has a light sensor that was being partially covered when I readjusted in the dashboard holder, causing the unit to sense light then dark.

I would definitely recommend their products based on the support alone.

FWIW: I did install the repeater in my front compartment after the second outing as I started losing signal, and that solved my connectivity issue.
            Brady & Steph
            2019 Momentum 351m FBP
            2019 F350 DRW Long Bed B&W Companion
            *SOLD* 2015 Reflection 308BHTS TT
            *SOLD* 2011 F350 SRW Long Bed

Comment

• Big Red
              Big Red commented
              Editing a comment
              I have the same system and absolutely love it. Like I said in another post, peace of mind.

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
            I have a Tire Minder monitoring system and have had no issues.
            I also am pleased with TireMinder. I did have some dropped signals while traveling and they (Martin from support) worked with me sending new sensors (even though he didn't think this was the issue but just to make sure) and a second booster (which is what he DID think was the problem). I mounted it behind the rear axle (about a foot) and haven't had any more problems.

Point; The company offers great support!
            Jeff & JoAnn Sibley
            Solitude 344GK (2019)
            F350 DRW (2018)

Comment

We've been using TireMinder on the Jayco we traded for our new 2020 Imagine 2600RB. We had a sensor go bad (under warranty) and they shipped out a replacement (do require return of defective unit). They also brought up a 2 year extended warranty, which provides coverage for all components. Our dash receiver wouldn't turn off and it was a no question replacement. I've found them very responsive to questions and when they are at RV conventions, they will do on the spot replacement/swap for any parts you might have issues with.

We've been very happy with our TM system. It definitely saved us last summer when we picked up a nail outside of Kansas City. We were able to pull over and change out the tire before the pressure got too low and could have caused some major damage to the TT.
              Last edited by Running from Gnats; 11-30-2019, 03:29 PM.
              2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
              2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
              Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
              FMCA # 489460

Comment

I have the Pressure Pro system. It is currently in use on it's second 5th wheel. I am on my second set of sensors. I also have tha data kit that allows me to read the data from the monitor.

In order to have it report tire pressures immediately, you need to connect the monitor to power before you put the sensors on the tires. The sensors only report every 10-15 minutes I think.

On my first rig I had a 2011 Sierra 2500 HD short bed and it worked fine. When I upgraded to a 3500 HD long bed it would lose sensors all the time. I found this remote antenna kit you can buy (https://tirepressuremonitor.com/prod...nna-sma-kit-2/). I installed this under the body behind the left side dually. Works like a charm.
                2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD
                2019 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Comment

Working...
                X