Hercules versus Goodyear Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hercules versus Goodyear Customer Service

This is not a question about which tire is better. My tire installer is recommending Hercules. I was trying to find the psi/load range chart for Hercules. I was unable to locate it on the Hercules website, so I called (three times) and left message. I was never able to actually talk to someone. The calls seemed to be immediately routed to email for all departments. I am hesitant about Hercules customer service due to their unresponsiveness.
    How has your customer service experience been with Hercules?
    Does anyone have a load rating chart for Hercules H901St ST235/80R16?
    (My Reflection 29RS axles scaled at just under 8000 pounds)
    JessJoe - Eastern PA
    2019 Reflection 29RS - Reese GooseBox
    2017 Ram 2500 6.7L 4x4 SRW SB

I really can't answer what Hercules customer service is like because my dealer would be the one to deal with any issues but I was basically told there isn't a warranty on trailer tires. I'm not sure if you have Discount Tire (or similar tire dealer) where you are but they will provide road hazard that you can purchase but I'm not sure how that works on trailer tires. I have Hercules but not the ones you are considering since I have a smaller unit that will not take larger than a 205. I really like them. I have made several trips with them so far. I have read a number of folks say good things about the tire you're considering. Many that drive trucks or use on livestock and farm trailers where a lot of weight is hauled.

Sorry I couldn't answer your specific question but it seems when I entered what I was looking for into my dealer's website, the specifications came up. You might try looking at one of their dealers for the specs. Amazon gives a little info but not much.

https://www.amazon.com/85R16-Hercule...omotive&sr=1-3
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by JessJoe4168 View Post
      How has your customer service experience been with Hercules? Does anyone have a load rating chart for Hercules H901St ST235/80R16?
      I can't help with your questions, JessJoe, but wanted to say "Hi" as that was your first post and ask that when you get a chance to check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

When the decision is made on which tire you get (or you find the chart) please post back with an update.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

dug around on the website and found:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_7121.png Views:	4 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	45209
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.20.39 PM.png
Views:	1599
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	45210
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have the same model Reflection. With my travels I would recommend staying with the "E" rated tire. The sidewall will be a little stiffer and helps with trailer sway and windy conditions. I replaced the Westlake brand with Goodyears and a very happy with them. I do not have any experience with the Hercules tire brand but have seen good things posted about them.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
            I really can't answer what Hercules customer service is like because my dealer would be the one to deal with any issues but I was basically told there isn't a warranty on trailer tires. I'm not sure if you have Discount Tire (or similar tire dealer) where you are but they will provide road hazard that you can purchase but I'm not sure how that works on trailer tires. I have Hercules but not the ones you are considering since I have a smaller unit that will not take larger than a 205. I really like them. I have made several trips with them so far. I have read a number of folks say good things about the tire you're considering. Many that drive trucks or use on livestock and farm trailers where a lot of weight is hauled.

Sorry I couldn't answer your specific question but it seems when I entered what I was looking for into my dealer's website, the specifications came up. You might try looking at one of their dealers for the specs. Amazon gives a little info but not much.

https://www.amazon.com/85R16-Hercule...omotive&sr=1-3
            BillinTexas Hello Bill, I see from Jlawles2 chart in the post above that the load rating for the 85 & 80 aspect ratios are 4400# and 4080# respectively. The 80 is what the factory supplied and my tandem axle loading is around 8000#
            JessJoe - Eastern PA

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
              dug around on the website and found:

Click image for larger version Name:	image_7121.png Views:	4 Size:	80.9 KB ID:	45209

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 12.20.39 PM.png
Views:	1599
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	45210
              Jlawles2 Thanks for the chart. It is my understanding that these ratings are from the Tire and Rim association. The next question would be, is the aftermarket tire made to the Associations' standard.
              JessJoe - Eastern PA

Comment

JessJoe4168 As that chart is given on the Hercules website, one would hope that is the tire information not the rim information. If I look at the same size tire in the Power ST2 its ratings are different.
                The information on the 901 came from the website https://www.herculestire.com/tire-de...cules/H-901-ST then I selected "SHOW FULL SPECIFICATIONS"

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.40.38 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	45307

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.38.29 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	45306

Likewise if you look at say the Goodyear endurance in the same size: (note for the same E rating, the Hercules has a slightly higher rating singe with 100 lbs more capacity for the same 80 psi)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.43.39 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	817.6 KB ID:	45308
                Sailun tires I think have the highest rating for trailer tires, but require an upgraded rim typically (http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T) They have an extra 900 lbs cap over the Hercules.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.47.46 AM.png
Views:	1557
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	45309
                Joseph
                Tow
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                  JessJoe4168 As that chart is given on the Hercules website, one would hope that is the tire information not the rim information. If I look at the same size tire in the Power ST2 its ratings are different.
                  The information on the 901 came from the website https://www.herculestire.com/tire-de...cules/H-901-ST then I selected "SHOW FULL SPECIFICATIONS"

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.40.38 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	6.0 KB ID:	45307

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.38.29 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	112.0 KB ID:	45306

Likewise if you look at say the Goodyear endurance in the same size: (note for the same E rating, the Hercules has a slightly higher rating singe with 100 lbs more capacity for the same 80 psi)

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.43.39 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	817.6 KB ID:	45308
                  Sailun tires I think have the highest rating for trailer tires, but require an upgraded rim typically (http://www.gosailun.com/MRT/Tire/S637T) They have an extra 900 lbs cap over the Hercules.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 10.47.46 AM.png
Views:	1557
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	45309
                  Jlawles2 Different speed ratings as well between the Hercules v Goodyear - L v N respectively.
                  Also would the G (Load ID) for the Hercules mean 14ply and the E for Goodyear be 10 ply?
                  JessJoe - Eastern PA

Comment

JessJoe4168 Correct. But you were stating that the info given was from the tire and rim association. You can see that tires can exceed the "standard" rim allowance and require stronger rims. My guess would be that the tire is rated at what was posted on their website.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X