2020 373fb morRyde CRE3000 suspension upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 373fb morRyde CRE3000 suspension upgrade

Has anyone upgraded their 373fb suspension with the cre3000 's. What is your experience, are they worth it? What part number did you get? I will being the install, are they an easy install?

I did the SRE 4000 rather than the 3000 because it included the cross member and gave me a bit more height to help level out my fifth wheel. I’ve been happy with it, I did the wet bolt kit at the same time.

Install was pretty easy, some jack stand’s, a floor jack and a buddy made short work of it. I think it was an afternoon to do it all.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
      I did the SRE 4000 rather than the 3000 because it included the cross member and gave me a bit more height to help level out my fifth wheel. I’ve been happy with it, I did the wet bolt kit at the same time.

Install was pretty easy, some jack stand’s, a floor jack and a buddy made short work of it. I think it was an afternoon to do it all.
      what are the noticeable benefits after the upgrade? is the ride better? I've heard that it's more quiet, too.
      2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

I had no wet bolts before, and my bushings were shot, so that made the biggest difference. I was also looking to raise my height a bit to increase my clearance when level with the truck bed. This got me another inch or so. Anecdotally things stay put on the counter more.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by jlackman View Post

what are the noticeable benefits after the upgrade? is the ride better? I've heard that it's more quiet, too.
          I have the CRE3000 installed on my Imagine and honestly, I cannot tell if the rig rides better or not. In theory, the CRE3000 will flex and absorb energy to help with shock loading. The wetbolt kit and heavy duty shackles are much stronger and durable than the original components and allows the owner to lubricate the system. All I can state is my springs are holding up far better than the originals where it appears the CRE3000 is helping to protect the system. If your original bushing are worn there would be noise where the brass/bronze bushings included in the heavy duty shackle kit are silent.

Since I do notice more body roll in low speed tight turns, it appears the wetbolt kit and CRE3000 has reduced friction in the system and most likely would offer a better ride when traveling at higher speeds.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 03-26-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post

I have the CRE3000 installed on my Imagine and honestly, I cannot tell if the rig rides better or not. In theory, the CRE3000 will flex and absorb energy to help with shock loading. The wetbolt kit and heavy duty shackles are much stronger and durable than the original components and allows the owner to lubricate the system. All I can state is my springs are holding up far better than the originals where it appears the CRE3000 is helping to protect the system. If your original bushing are worn there would be noise where the brass/bronze bushings included in the heavy duty shackle kit are silent.

Since I do notice more body roll in low speed tight turns, it appears the wetbolt kit and CRE3000 has reduced friction in the system and most likely would offer a better ride when traveling at higher speeds.

Jim
            Thanks Jim!
            2121 Momentum 31G towed by 2017 Ford F-250 SuperDuty / Gale Banks

Comment

I have recently spent the day , well half a day , at Morryde seeing there operation and products. The CRE3000 is a pretty good product. There claim is increased travel , the 3000 having 3" of travel , the 4000 having 4" of travel. This combined with there rubber cushioning material is suppose to cushion the ride in an RV. Both products also have vertical travel versus the Dexter EZ flex which I have on my camper ,it has a side ways cushion. Their shackles are huge compared to the factory , 1/2" thick compared to factory around 1/4" thick. After meeting them and their factory tour I think I will get the CRE3000 at some point but will continue to run the Dexter at least this year. With any suspension items it is mandatory to keep an eye on all components , wet bolts , shackles , springs , and so on for potential problems.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We had CRE 4000 installed on our 2018 Reflection 303rls by our dealer. When we were driving it back home, we really noticed a huge difference! We also had the MORryde rubber king pin installed and between them, the towing is a lot smoother. When we hit a bump, there was one bounce only! Huge difference!
                2018 Reflection 303RLS, 2015 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 18k Pullrite Superglide, Tartan Campers: Lorna, Eric and Furball Finnan. "We're no awa' tae bide awa'." https://gdrvowners.com/core/images/smilies//26_17_3.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  I have recently spent the day , well half a day , at Morryde seeing there operation and products. The CRE3000 is a pretty good product. There claim is increased travel , the 3000 having 3" of travel , the 4000 having 4" of travel. This combined with there rubber cushioning material is suppose to cushion the ride in an RV. Both products also have vertical travel versus the Dexter EZ flex which I have on my camper ,it has a side ways cushion. Their shackles are huge compared to the factory , 1/2" thick compared to factory around 1/4" thick. After meeting them and their factory tour I think I will get the CRE3000 at some point but will continue to run the Dexter at least this year. With any suspension items it is mandatory to keep an eye on all components , wet bolts , shackles , springs , and so on for potential problems.

Brian
                  Some folks may not be aware that the CRE3000 travel is +/- 1.5 inches so its 1.5 inches in compression and in rebound for a total of 3 inches.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by tartan campers View Post
                    We had CRE 4000 installed on our 2018 Reflection 303rls by our dealer. When we were driving it back home, we really noticed a huge difference! We also had the MORryde rubber king pin installed and between them, the towing is a lot smoother. When we hit a bump, there was one bounce only! Huge difference!
                    Rjtex Consider:

This is not based on anything I could measure, but I "upgraded" the original Dexter EZ flex to CRE 3000 with cross bar, wet bolts, and heavy duty shackles -- and I felt like the ride and bouncing inside the trailer worsened! More valances falling off, more stuff on the floor, etc.

Ended up working with MORryde over the course of several weeks, and they finally gave up and asked me to try the SRE 4000's as a free upgrade. Just got them installed this spring. We've been camping twice now, and my gut says the 4000's have made a difference. Nothing falling off yet; seems like there's less bounce as I'm pulling. My opinion now is that for larger, heavier rigs, the SRE 4000 model is a better choice than the CRE 3000.

-Steve
                    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
                    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
                    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
                    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
                    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
                    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
                    Somerset, WI

Comment

Working...
                    X