Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DarnDave
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the "insight" on retro-fitting slipper springs in place of the original suspension.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm not so fond of the slipper spring type that still retains the rocker (in place of the equalizer) but do like the complete isolation of the Road Master system. This system will virtually eliminate front axle rise on braking and would take much or all of the stress off the rear axle and those infamous failing rear hangers. Below is a video of an add on system that is in serious need of X Factor type brackets. But most importantly, this video shows how the torque on the rear axle during heavy braking pivots the equalizer to raise the front axle at 2:28. When the front axle raises on braking, only the rear hangers function as the solid anchor point on our rigs. A true slipper system will keep all the tires on the ground for effective braking. Notice the severe lateral motion of the center hangers at 3:32. This is due to both axles terminating on the center hangers which puts great force there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5iRVPwYZg

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 06-08-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I was going to put Sumo Springs on mine, but GD put a couple of the hydraulic lines in the way, preventing the install without significant rework.
        I had not researched other options at the time.
        I saw in a google search that there are 382wb's with sumo springs, but found no details.

Paul
        Paul & Julie Maia
        2021 GD Solitude 382WBR (Off the line 18 Jan 2021)
        Reese Goose Box
        2020 F350 Dually Diesel.
        Southwest Louisiana

Comment

acoleman43 , please update after your trip. I hope you are as happy with them as we are. Leaving for a 6 week trip next week; I will check in once in awhile. Safe travels to all!
          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
          X