No announcement yet.

Woe is me/say it ain't so: X-Factor won't fit new Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openrangeowners You will want to check the torque on your U bolts and especially this one. If they are not vertical and slide over or if they are driven straight which is what I believe was done (no issue) the U Bolt will not be as tight as it once was, so the torque should be checked.

Jim

Comment

I tightened them together (ie: 1/4 turn per bolt per side) until I reached the proper torque with my torque wrench. I rechecked the first one after making sure the second one was tightened correctly. I also checked the other bolts. I wanted to make sure they both were applying equal pressure instead of cranking down one side (that would pull the other side).

Is that what you meant by checking the torque? I used 85 ft/lbs based on research for 7K axles and 3500 lb springs with 1/2" or 9/16" diameter U bolts.
      2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
      1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
      2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by openrangeowners View Post
        I tightened them together (ie: 1/4 turn per bolt per side) until I reached the proper torque with my torque wrench. I rechecked the first one after making sure the second one was tightened correctly. I also checked the other bolts. I wanted to make sure they both were applying equal pressure instead of cranking down one side (that would pull the other side).

Is that what you meant by checking the torque? I used 85 ft/lbs based on research for 7K axles and 3500 lb springs with 1/2" or 9/16" diameter U bolts.
        Yes. Your torque spec based on your U bolt diameter will be in your Dexter manual.

Jim

Comment

Guest , yes I am. Please see the other discussion about the shocks. About 2500 miles so far; next week we leave for a 5K round trip CA to MN.
          Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
          2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
          2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
          2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
          Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Originally posted by DarnDave View Post
            Guest , yes I am. Please see the other discussion about the shocks. About 2500 miles so far; next week we leave for a 5K round trip CA to MN.
            With positive feedback from those here, Etrailer and Amazon (aside from installation issues) there is enough feedback that these shocks will aid in a better ride and towing experience.

https://www.amazon.com/Roadmaster-24...ustomerReviews

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...r/RM-2450.html

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X