Tire PSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire PSI

Picked up our 2400bh a few weeks ago. I did not check the tire pressure, just trusted the dealer. I got a new pressure gauge and decided to check out the tires. All 5 tires were around 91psi. Max cold is 65psi. Wondering if anybody else had this with a new rig?
    2021 Imagine 2400BH
    2022 Nissan Armada SL

I have not heard or experienced that , good find though. Always good to keep an eye on tire pressures. You may also check with another pressure gage just to be sure , let your dealer know as well as they may have a faulty pressure gage or someone who does not know how to read one.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Good find, I've never experienced that either, and we're on our third travel trailer. As long as you're checking the tires don't forget to check the torque of the lug nuts. Safe travels.

John
      John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
      ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
      2017 Jayco 26BH
      2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by Mdhagewood View Post
        Picked up our 2400bh a few weeks ago. I did not check the tire pressure, just trusted the dealer. I got a new pressure gauge and decided to check out the tires. All 5 tires were around 91psi. Max cold is 65psi. Wondering if anybody else had this with a new rig?
        Good find. I didn't have that problem as I installed my TPMS during my overnight delivery at my dealer. There are many things you should NEVER TRUST ANYONE ELSE WITH, even the dealer. Tire pressure, lug nut torque, WDH setup and bolt torques, helping you back-up, all the safety stuff. Anything that could result in property damage or injury.

The transporter may overinflate the tires so the trailer will tow faster and bounce more But the dealer should have checked and brought them down to the recommended PSI.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Please forgive if this is obvious, but the 91psi was a cold tire measurement right? That's very high against a recommended 65psi and even high against the recommended 80psi for the 16" GY Endurance.
          Ken & Sandra
          2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

KSC_Travels , yes that was a cold tire measurement.
            2021 Imagine 2400BH
            2022 Nissan Armada SL

Comment

KSC_Travels , yes that was a cold tire measurement.
              Copy that... and Wow! As others have said - good catch. When I picked mine up from dealer, one tire was at 35psi (against a recommended 80) [sigh]. Other three were okay though.
              Ken & Sandra
              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Picked mine up 3 weeks ago and they were dead on all 4 at 80psi. I installed the tire monitors as soon as I got home,
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                  I have not heard or experienced that , good find though. Always good to keep an eye on tire pressures. You may also check with another pressure gage just to be sure , let your dealer know as well as they may have a faulty pressure gage or someone who does not know how to read one.

Brian
                  Brian - this raises a curiosity question and possibly you Moderators are aware. As I recall, frames with axles/tires/wheels installed are delivered to GDRV by LCI or maybe Dexter now. Does GDRV (or some other entity) check or adjust tire pressure at any point during the build process/PDI/etc. ?

Dan
                  Dan & Carol
                  2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                  2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Canyonlight
                    Hi Dan,

The trailers move short distances (with lots of opportunities to pick up screws from the production floor . . . ask me how I know this ) until they leave the delivery company compound on their way to the selling dealer. You would like to think that a delivery driver would check tire pressures before leaving the yard . . . but, I have never seen anything in writing that would confirm this.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Someone has a bad tire gauge since all tires were at the same pressure. Could never estimate the exact same pressure, so the measuring device was/is messed up.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                        Canyonlight
                        Hi Dan,

The trailers move short distances (with lots of opportunities to pick up screws from the production floor . . . ask me how I know this ) until they leave the delivery company compound on their way to the selling dealer. You would like to think that a delivery driver would check tire pressures before leaving the yard . . . but, I have never seen anything in writing that would confirm this.

Rob
                        Thanks, Rob ! Yes, even though the rigs are pushed sideways during build with the tires off the floor on the "rolling steel" moving system, just moving the frames before this and build, create opportunities for tire issues in several areas of the plant and offsite as well.

It would be interesting to learn if delivery services are required or simply do this as part of their role. I suspect not as you shared. This means if GDRV teams are not doing so either......"Houston we could have a problem !"

Dan
                        Dan & Carol

Comment

Canyonlight

Dan

The tires are delivered to GD by the pallet loads fully assemble and aired up , nitrogen filled actually , so I would guess that from the tire dealer , Lionshead I am assuming , that just might be the last inspection prior to an owner taking delivery. This is all purely speculation on my part. The delivery drivers probably just hook up and go.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
                            Canyonlight

Dan

The tires are delivered to GD by the pallet loads fully assemble and aired up , nitrogen filled actually , so I would guess that from the tire dealer , Lionshead I am assuming , that just might be the last inspection prior to an owner taking delivery. This is all purely speculation on my part. The delivery drivers probably just hook up and go.

Brian
                            Thanks, Brian - appreciate the response ! I suspect that you are right on.

Dan
                            Dan & Carol

Comment

Working...
                            X