Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter 4400 LB axle bearing and seals - what to order and how to find part numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    Yoda Funny, but none of those part numbers are listed in the service manual....You have to dig through the parts kit catalogue.
    Look on page 48 of the manual posted in post 1. Then using the description number like L68419 for Dexter part number 031-033-02 and Google you can find the Timken equivalent. 031-033-02 is on the build sheet in post #14.
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I think you just have to be prepared for a two day operation.
      Day1/ Jack it up and remove one hub. Remove seal.
      Hop in truck with previously removed seal and drive to commercial trailer service garage. Buy new seals that match what you removed earlier much cheaper than at RV dealer.
      Day2/ Do the bearing repack.
      Day2/ Afternoon. Open beer and admire your fine work.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I've got 2 unopened packages of Genuine Dexter inner seals for D44 axles still in the double packs. Bought them for my previous 5er. Never replaced bearings just kept resetting end play till I dumped it.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X