Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the torque rating should be on these u-bolts and at what interval should they should be checked / re/torqued.??
    I've sprayed Rust Reformer all over the the I-beam chassis and suspension/axles so they're not rusted in place.
    I HATE a rusty belly lol

Also, would a shot of WD-40 help keep the threads and nuts more easily tightened, if need be ??

Thanks

Michael
    Michael

According the the Dexter Axle Manual, the suspension torque should be checked every 6,000 miles. Here's a table from their manual with the torque values:

Click image for larger version

Name:	u-bolt.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	56616

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

It is important to remember that these torque numbers are for clean dry fasteners. Rust or corrosion will raise the required torque. Lubricating the connection will reduce the required torque. There is no exact measure of how much either condition changes the spec.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

As Cate&Rob knows I've had several misadventures involving my frame and suspension. Rob was with me in Lakeland FL when we discovered the first suspension problem. At the time the camper was taken to Tampa Spring for the first repair. I believe they added the extra leaf. They also discovered the bent frame. From there it went to LCI in Goshen where they reinforced the frame and suspension. They added 2" steel the length of both sides on both I-beams. They also added 2 cross members towards the rear of the camper to keep the I-beams inline. This added more weight to the camper. It is my intention to take it to a local truck stop that has scales. With that info I'll know better how to proceed. Thanks for the input all. I've got camping trips planned all summer after last years shut down. We'll see how it goes from here.

Comment

Working...
        X