Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many leafs in rear axle on 2020 Reflection 303rls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many leafs in rear axle on 2020 Reflection 303rls?

My 2020 Reflection 303RLS has 4 leaf's in rear and 5 in front. Dealer says he has never seen a mis matched set on a trailer. Waiting on response from Grand Design as Dexter says they sell matched pairs.
    2020 Reflection 303RL
    2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

sdmayhew

Axle assemblies arrive at Grand Design with the springs installed. 2600 lb springs (5200 lb axle assembly) do come in 4 and 5 leaf configurations. With all the material shortages in the RV industry, I can see where they might be changing springs. On the rear center of each axle, there will be a label with a lot of information including the capacity of the axle. If both axles are 5200 lb, the concern between 4 leaves and 5 leaves is minimal. The difference in ride height due to the extra leaf is less than 1/4" . . . nobody tows that level .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The OPs post triggered something I’ve been pondering. My 2019 273 MK has a 4 pack leaf spring on a Dexter 4400 pound axel and have been considering replacing the 4pack with a 6 pack leaf spring. The 6 pack leaf springs are 26” long, 3/8” thick and rated 2250 lbs as are the current 4 pack . Besides the 3/4” increase in height (what I’m after, be within 1/2” level towing) are there any no no’s I’m missing with the increase in ride height?
      Really don’t wish to change wheel size from 15” to 16”. Leaf spring change out was a less expensive option than a 16” wheel.
      OP, should you be in a similar position as I, have them stick to the 5 pack leaf spring every little bit helps!
      Retired Tanker Yanker
      2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK - Carlisle CSL 16 225/75 15, MORryde CRE 3000 & center X cross brace, Sumo springs, Andersen Ultimate Hitch 6-Leaf Double-Eye Spring for 4,500-lb Axles
      My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Comment

Skilletface you may notice that the solid or shore steps no longer reach the ground properly. You will need to measure the floor height and see what steps you have to determine if the extra height will affect them.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X