X-Brace or V-clips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Brace or V-clips?

I am trying to finalize the plans to upgrade my suspension.

Would it be better or easier to get someone to weld in the V-braces or just get MorRyde X-braces for both spring hangers and the CRE3000?

Also, would I need longer wet bolts for the Heavy-Duty shackles?

I only want to crawl under this thing once (except to add grease).

Thanks!

Najataagihe

The LCI and Grand Design production solution for reinforcing tall hangers is to use the V-Clips. Remember that if you use cross braces and have to lower the underbelly coroplast for any reason, you will have to remove the cross braces first. The need for the hanger reinforcements came about when Grand Design was using tall hangers to accommodate an alignment system that is no longer used. The move to Dexter suspension and short hangers on the remaining LCI suspensions has largely eliminated reports of hanger breakage. You might ask yourself whether there is any reason to do either?

The heavy duty shackles definitely need longer bolts, but, these come with the hanger kit. If MorRyde is still manufacturing these kits as they did a while ago, the bolts will be pressed into the shackles at random orientations. Best practice is to press out these serrated bolts and re-orient them so that the grease holes are at 9 or 3 o'clock.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Do you, by any chance, have the lengths of the short and long hangers?

My repair shop mechanic told me the new hangers he was sent were longer than the bent ones he replaced.

Never mind.

I found it in another thread!

Thanks!
      Last edited by Najataagihe; 06-22-2021, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Is there a part number for the V clips? I’d like to get a set for my Reflection 303.

Thanks, TG

Comment

Originally posted by tgordon View Post
          Is there a part number for the V clips? I’d like to get a set for my Reflection 303.

Thanks, TG
          SKU 103727
          ANG 3.313 X 3.313 X .179 L1.813 https://store.lci1.com/ang-3313-x-33...13-103727.html
          Dwg PDF - https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...4518#post54518
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by tgordon View Post

Thanks, TG
            If you are going to add these yourself you could get a local shop that does fabricating to bend these for you. If you are going to have a shop install these they may be able to make these for you as well. Might be a little cheaper than buying from Lippert.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X