RoadMaster Comfort Ride Shock Absorbers 1800 mile review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoadMaster Comfort Ride Shock Absorbers 1800 mile review

I installed the RoadMaster Comfort Ride Shock Absorbers on a Momentum 21G travel trailer with CRE3000 equalizers. Since the installation we have travelled a little over 1800 miles on smooth, paved freeways and highways, smooth paved roads, smooth unpaved roads, unpaved washboard roads, and a little bit of rocky off-road terrain.

Before the Shocks were installed, I had about 500 miles on the CRE3000 equalizers. The difference between stock and CRE3000 was minimal. The trailer did tow slightly "smoother"....less jerking and trailer movement felt while towing.

The Comfort Ride Shocks provided a slightly better experience. I wouldn't call it a significant improvement, but it was a noticeable improvement - especially on bumpy terrain. The pulling and pushing was reduced while towing which felt like a "smoother" towing experience. Objects in the trailer seemed to stay in place better.

Overall, I wouldn't say it has made a huge difference, but I feel like it's made a noticeable improvement. I hope the shocks will extend the life of the components in the trailer.

I am curious if shocks help bouncing and chucking on a 5th wheel??
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

acoleman43 Thank you for the feedback. So far everyone that has installed shocks has reported an improvement. Many times, its the combination of incremental improvements that will allow us to reach our goal.

Jim

Comment

5000 mile review.

I am glad we got the shocks. I have no evidence, but I believe the trailer did not suffer near as much as it would without them. The amount of bumps, dips, and rough roads we travelled made me glad we put on the shocks and the CRE3000.

For anybody traveling thousands of miles on rough terrain (US highways and freeways included), I would recommend the suspension upgrade. I would also recommend welding the shock brackets to the frame rather than screwing them to the frame. This is personal preference from a (EWP) structural designer.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
      X