repeated leaf spring breaks 2017 Momentum328M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repeated leaf spring breaks 2017 Momentum328M

I full-time in my 328M including some dirt/gravel road travel. We have had leaf springs break multiple times in the past couple of years in particular, and now also looking at replacing the Equa-Flex assembly on both sides as they look quite worn. Don't know if this is contributing to the leaf spring breaks? Also since a couple of times we have had to buy whatever was available in the area when the leaf springs broke, want to make sure we have the right equipment as we now have to replace at least 2 this time. It's a Lippert 7000lb axle, I believe the original leaf springs were Lippert 679372 (6 leaf, 3500 lb) or would it work to go up to Lippert 679373 (7 leaf, 4000 lb)?

Last fall I broke a spring leaving the dealership. They replace the two rear springs with the same weight springs. 2600 lbs on my Reflection 29RL On my next trip I was traveling in Arizona and backing into a campground and one of the front springs broke. Fortunately both times I was not on the open road. The mobile repair service suggested that all springs should be replaced when this happens since the older springs are now overloaded because they are weaker with use. After consulting with Grand Design and Lippert, I replaced all 4 springs with heavier 3000 lb springs. I had previously weighed my trailer and it was 900 lbs below maximum weight. So no reason why they broke in the first place but paved back roads between Arizona and Idaho are not the greatest. So far so good.
    Dick and Jodi
    2020 Silverado Duramax
    2017 Reflection 27RL

Comment

Working...
    X