Greasing the MORryde CRE 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greasing the MORryde CRE 3000

So I just turned 1000 miles on my Reflection 303rls and thought I would grease the suspension before we leave on a 2000 mile trip. I can get grease in all the outer fittings (spring shackles) but the center pivot fitting on both sides just cant push any grease in them. Do I need to unload the suspension?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    So I just turned 1000 miles on my Reflection 303rls and thought I would grease the suspension before we leave on a 2000 mile trip. I can get grease in all the outer fittings (spring shackles) but the center pivot fitting on both sides just cant push any grease in them. Do I need to unload the suspension?
    Yes. I had the same issue with one zerk on one shackle. Thanks to posts from others out here, I jacked just a bit on the frame to take some pressure off and voila. Didn't need to take all the pressure off, just some. Apparently, the bolts have the holes for the grease to exit and are sometimes not lined up correctly, so the hole is where the spring is applying pressure. (not the best description but...)
    Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
    2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Mine are both lt and rt center pivot bolt on center section that holds front and back spring.
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Good info, thank you. I installed the 3000 on our 260RB and then saw in the directions how the bolts should be aligned. Oops....

John
        John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
        2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
        ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
        2017 Jayco 26BH
        2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
          I'm having the same issue with three of the zerk fittings not taking any grease on my 2021 337 rig as well. I took the zerk fittings off to see if they were broken or plugged but that is not the issue.

I will do as TRKESTER has recommended and slightly jack the axles upward to reduce the load and see if I am able to grease the bolts accordingly.
          Keith and Tina
          2021 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
          2014 RAM 3500 6.7L Cummins Crew Cab SWD SB 4X4
          Hitch Curt 20k Fixed Mount

Comment

We were hearing the equalizer and spring mount bolts binding when we ran the tongue jack hooking up and leveling. 7,000 miles on the trailer we bought in March. Crawled underneath and only two zerks out of fourteen would take grease. Reading the posts here I can see there are questions about what helps relieve the lock on the grease holes inside the bolts. I unloaded the springs using blocks, jacks stands and the tongue jack. All take grease now, some were dry, that would explain the binding we heard. Pictures of the unloading process attached.

1. Lower tongue jack to lowest position.
            2. Place robust jack stands underneath frame rails. I could have positioned these further back to increase the lever effect but I did not want to exceed the distance from the tongue jack to the axles as this was probably the design criteria used to size the frame beam depth and weight.
            3. Raise the tongue jack until spring mount bolts take grease. In my case it was to the extent of travel until ALL the bolts were open.

The zerks on the spring mount bolts are different from those on the CRE3000 equalizer bolts. The bolt heads are both 11/16" SAE but the spring mount bolts use metric threaded zerks (6mm x 12.8mm). I was not pleased with the performance of the hydraulic lock of these zerks on any of the tips of my grease guns. So I went to the parts store and sourced six metric zerks that duplicate the profile of the zerks supplied with the CRE3000 bolts and replaced the six spring mount bolt zerks. Now I can grease fourteen zerks with one tip and no mess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_130243.jpg
Views:	2680
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	63418

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_121740.jpg
Views:	2655
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	63417Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_121814.jpg
Views:	2701
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	63414Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_121715.jpg
Views:	2669
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	63416
            Attached Files
            Vic and Barb
            2021 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny side up View Post
              We were hearing the equalizer and spring mount bolts binding when we ran the tongue jack hooking up and leveling. 7,000 miles on the trailer we bought in March. Crawled underneath and only two zerks out of fourteen would take grease. Reading the posts here I can see there are questions about what helps relieve the lock on the grease holes inside the bolts. I unloaded the springs using blocks, jacks stands and the tongue jack. All take grease now, some were dry, that would explain the binding we heard. ...
              Great post. This is my first trailer with Cree 3000 suspension. Now I n
              know an easy quick way to grease.
              Last edited by howson; 08-14-2021, 12:39 PM. Reason: Edited quote to make response easier to find & read.
              2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

Great info and tip, thanks. I had the same issue and was going to rotate the bolts on my 2021 Momentum, but will try jacking it up first. GDRV also ran the black water tank dump line in front of 2 of my grease fittings so I'm going to try to get them off and put on 90 degree fittings so I can get grease in there.

Paul, pooper scooper for Demetra and Socrates
                2021 Momentum 381M

Comment

Working...
                X