RedArc Tow Pro Proportional Brake Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedArc Tow Pro Proportional Brake Controller

I've been a Tekonsha P3 user for a very long time, and been incredibly happy with it.

That said, I've not been happy with where it's mounted, I'm forever hitting it with my knee. I'm 6'3", but even my wife caught it once or twice. Due to the way Tekonsha needs to be mounted, I don't have many options.

Just saw this today. I'm impressed. Not enough to run out and buy a new brake controller while existing one is perfectly functional, but I almost did.

https://amzn.to/37LTdmL

They have buttons to fit most manufactures' dashes, and OEM plug in wiring harnesses. (They even say if you can't find a wiring harness from them, just buy a Tekonsha or Curt and cut the connector off)

I hope my next truck has the integrated tow controller in it, but I don't know what model / year my next truck will be.

Let's play spot the brake controller! (Photo from the internet to demonstrate, not my car)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-16 212529.png
Views:	248
Size:	824.3 KB
ID:	63685
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

We mounted one of these in a 2018 Silverado 1500 and it works perfectly. We bought the harness, and it literally plugs directly into the electronics under the dash. We mounted the controller on top of the electronics cover under the dash and ran the connector cable to the dash control, that took just a small hole to mount. Popped off the upper left corner of the dash trim and mounted it to that. Overall install took about an hour. No soldering or other connecting. Plug and play. A little more expensive than a Tekonsha, but so much smaller and out of the way it was a no brainer. The controller learns its position in the truck and then you're good to go. There are You Tube videos you can watch to see how they mount.
    Tony G
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Highcountry
    2016 Grand Designs Reflection 303RLS
    KTM 250XC

Comment

Redarc makes some quality gear. They are an Australian company that is just making it's way into the US market. They produce some very nice off grid (Australian Overlanding/Outback) electrical management equipment.
      Mike & Lisa
      Central Florida
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Working...
      X