Active Emergency Braking (AEB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Emergency Braking (AEB)

Should tow vehicle AEB system be kept on when pulling a rig (which has trailer brake control set up correctly) because the AEB system will also trigger the trailer's brakes to engage proportionately & so bring truck + rig to a stop ASAP? [or - which would seem unlikely - should the AEB be disabled to avoid the trailer shunting the truck or swinging around because the trailer brakes won't respond if no pressure on the brake pedal?]
    2021 Reflection 260RD & 2021 F-250

The AEB can be left on IMO since it will not prevent a collision in all cases where its primary function is an early braking system that is used with driver interaction. The AEB would not take the trailer mass into account and also will not cause issues as long as your trailer gains are properly set.

Jim

Comment

I couldn't find specific information on Ford AEB systems. But other manufacturers have designed their AEB systems to apply the trailer brakes when AEB is activated as long as the built in trailer brake controller is used in lieu of an aftermarket system.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
        I couldn't find specific information on Ford AEB systems. But other manufacturers have designed their AEB systems to apply the trailer brakes when AEB is activated as long as the built in trailer brake controller is used in lieu of an aftermarket system.

Jim
        Correct Jim.

My GM stabilitrac system can also apply the trailer brakes to maintain control.

The integrated brake controllers are very beneficial where they do so much more than just braking. My son in law found a deal on a used F150 that was too good to pass up where he had the dealer install the factory brake controller.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X