Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires - Uneven wear

Hello all,

I am looking for some guidance and advice. We took delivery of an Imagine 2670MK in May of this year. We have put 9,000 miles on with very few issues. However, upon inspection I have noticed that the Driver-Side rear tire is significantly worn on the inside tread. None of the other three tires show any significant wear, let alone uneven across the tire.

I have been very diligent about tire pressure. Cold 78 PSI
    We have also weighed our trailer at CAT scales numerous times to verify GVW and Tongue weight. Our weight has always been under 7,600lbs, the trailer spec is 8,900lbs

These are Westlake tires ST225/75R15 with a Speed rating of 75mph. We seldom if ever exceed 72 and mostly travel at 68mph.

We use a Curt-Trutrack WDH rated at 10,000lbs. Although the WDH helped a lot, I added air bags to our F150 to help with rear end sag.

Is there a fix? or do you have an idea what may be causing this issue?

Do you think I have a case with GD?
    Thank you for your insights.

ps. Just this week, I replaced my low milage stock tires with new Nokian AT 10ply tires. I have yet to try them out, but my hope is to eliminate the last bit of tail bouncing we get when driving on rough roads.
    Last edited by humunuku; 09-19-2021, 08:20 PM.
    Al & Ann
    F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
    Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Likely a bent spindle. How does the other tire on the same axle look?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I'd second a bent spindle. Possibly from contact with a curb? Maybe even from the transporter.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

humunuku
        Hi Al & Ann:

See this related thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...even-tire-wear
        I would agree with the previous comments that a bent spindle is the most likely cause of the tire wear on a single tire, shown in your picture.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments and links. To answer John's question, the second picture is of the tire on the opposite end of the axle. It looks good with even wear patterns. I think the spindle is a likely culprit. It is hard to imagine a rear spindle taking a hit during transport, but I suppose it is possible. Maybe while backing up. You have put my mind at ease. I have since sent an email with all the important information to Grand Design Customer support including axle information as suggested in the other thread.
          Al & Ann
          F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
          Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Working...
          X