Wheel rim PSI limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel rim PSI limits

I have a 2018 Reflection 303RLS. Over the last three years have been cross country twice. Considering changing out Class E tires with Class G to have a bigger safety margin. Wheel rim stamped with "Max 3300#" but no PSI rating. Planning to call GD, but looked here, I cannot find the information. Anyone know? Suspension is stock.
    Wayne & Becky
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2017 F350 Lariat SB SRW
    OE Puck Series 16K SuperGlide, Automatically Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch
    Sulastic Shackle for Rear Axle
    Rancho 9000 series shocks
    S&B 60 gallon tank

Originally posted by Wayne Carlson View Post
    I have a 2018 Reflection 303RLS. Over the last three years have been cross country twice. Considering changing out Class E tires with Class G to have a bigger safety margin. Wheel rim stamped with "Max 3300#" but no PSI rating. Planning to call GD, but looked here, I cannot find the information. Anyone know? Suspension is stock.
    I am pretty sure the load E fifth wheels use Lionshead Jaguar wheels. Their site does not list a max psi but I would reach out to them and confirm. I recall this question coming up and they said it was dependent on the valve stem used, but I'd confirm with them.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Wayne Carlson
      Hi Wayne,
      Welcome to our owners forum.

If you check the load tables for the G tires you are considering, you will probably find that you can run them at 80 psi (same as the E spec) for the weight of the 303. Going to a higher psi just means that the trailer gets an unnecessarily rougher ride. You can get the stronger tire benefits of the G over the E without running a higher pressure.

( BTW . . . I like your avatar )
      Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thank you, I have been actively watching posts here and many other sites for some years. Have been camping for over 45 years, but in a GD for only the last 3. I am aware of the need for a metal valve stem, I do not plan to use 110 PSI unless I see tire temperatures are too high. The information I was finding was variable, "if it fits, the rim can take the pressure" to "you NEED to find the pressure rating of the rim". From reading, it appears the limits are because of welds, but thought I would ask. I tried to call GD today, but no luck. Will try Lionshead as well. If I get a firm answer I will post it.

Aurora is a Kooikerhondje an old Dutch breed. A great copilot.
        Wayne & Becky
        2018 Reflection 303RLS
        2017 F350 Lariat SB SRW
        OE Puck Series 16K SuperGlide, Automatically Sliding Fifth Wheel Hitch
        Sulastic Shackle for Rear Axle
        Rancho 9000 series shocks
        S&B 60 gallon tank

Comment

I believe the "Jaguar" rims from Lions head are the same ones they sold back in 2014 when I asked this question. At that time, they told me 110 psi with metal stems.
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X