adding shock kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding shock kit?

I have a 2021 303rls and wondering if its worth the money to add a shock kit?
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    Every person on this forum who has added them claim they have made an improvement. Perhaps they can add some additional comments and information here. I've been interested in shocks as well since my springs are beginning to flatten out where I believe either shocks (dampers) or something like a Timbren to be used as a bump stop to prevent overtravel would help to conserve my springs.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
      You might also consider Sumo Springs https://www.superspringsinternationa...er-sumosprings

I have them and just completed a trip from Colorado to Georgia and back- did an excellent job controlling bounce/sway, etc

Here is my install thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...all-tss-107-47

Hope this helps
      Keith
      Last edited by Yoda; 10-08-2021, 06:06 PM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I installed the Roadmaster Comfort Ride shocks with the CRE3000 equalizers on mine. I can't find a way to really quantify the difference. I think maybe I should have measured the shaking in the trailer while on the road before and after the installs. But I didn't.

Overall I'm glad we did it. If anything it certainly gives us an extra layer of comfort and confidence that we have an additional layer of protection on our expense. With the types of roads we've been on I would think the shocks have been beneficial to the trailer long-term.

As far as towing, I felt very little difference. I did notice the trailer seemed more stable on rough roads.

When I installed the CRE3000's (with heavy duty shackles and greaseable bolts) and removed the original bushings, 3 of the 16 bushings had already worn through. The trailer was only 1 year old. The original "equalizer" had plastic bushings that were all worn badly or just 90% gone.

In my opinion the heavy duty shackles and greaseable bolts were the best upgrade in the whole system. The equalizers and shocks were the extra topping.

If you do end up adding some shocks, I would recommend welding the top brackets to the frame rather than screwing through the frame. Just a personal preference.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Shocks 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.0 KB ID:	67566Click image for larger version  Name:	Shocks1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.3 KB ID:	67567
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thank you for the info and pics looks great Im sure that will help dampen out the rough road ride just like a car
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
          X