winter question - TPMS sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wileykid View Post

Do you have a repeater on the trailer? My last trailer I was having the same problems, and put a repeater on the front of the trailer (in the battery box). No more drop outs, and when I turned the receiver on, it was quicker in displaying the pressure. My last trailer was metal, so that could have contributed, my current is fiberglass, and even though longer, no need for the repeater.
    Wileykid

I have a repeater and in fact have a new one that supposedly has increased range. However in being so busy moving, I still have not installed it. The only change from the previous year was the battery type and I've had no more drop outs.

Panasonic makes good batteries where I have previous experience with them while working on a two mode hybrid for GM. Only difference was those were NiMH cells. Only thing that changed was the battery brand so I have no explanation as to why they would work better. Less voltage drop perhaps?

Jim

Comment

Dennis66
      A little off topic, but related. How did you find the reliability of your Tire-Linc system through your first camping season?
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

I removed my sensors for the winter to keep the batteries from freezing (Canada, eh - I remove all batteries from the rig for the winter) and... I didn't want them to grow legs and leave the storage lot (not that we've had a problem with that).

Scott'n'Wendy

Re: your question to Dennis on reliability... I had no problems with mine this year (other than the one that leaked and was replaced). I use an iPhone and had no connectivity issues or freeze-ups like some Android users have reported. They seem pretty accurate pressure wise - or at least they are consistent with my tire pressure gauge when I remove the sensors to do the occasional cold pressure adjustment.

Also as others have reported, the text is small on the screen so it's hard to see the particulars. Wish it worked with CarPlay on the truck screen - but alas...nope.
        Ken & Sandra
        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
        X