Tire pressure settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire pressure settings

I have a 2021 295RL and am getting a little confused about my tire pressure. The label on the trailer recommends 80psi. I have Goodyear Endurance ST225/75R15 tires. The GVRW of the 5th wheel is 10,995#. I weighed the unit loaded with what I would normally take and it was 10,480#. At the same time my axel weight is 8620#. Here is the confusion, the trailer tag recommends 80psi, Goodyear has a inflation/load chart for inflation pressures based on load. Which would be followed? Also, I am assuming if the Goodyear chart is used it should be based on the load on the tires and not the total GVWR or total weight of the trailer. Any help would be appreciated.

I inflate mine to 80 psi, psi for their max load rating. I don't worry about actual load being less than max tire rating.
    Ted
    2021 Reflection 310RLS
    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I do the same , 80 psi. If you wish to go from the chart you should inflate to the tire with the highest weight, knowing what each tire weighs will be needed for this, not worth the effort in my opinion.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Kb3588 View Post
        I have a 2021 295RL and am getting a little confused about my tire pressure. The label on the trailer recommends 80psi. I have Goodyear Endurance ST225/75R15 tires. The GVRW of the 5th wheel is 10,995#. I weighed the unit loaded with what I would normally take and it was 10,480#. At the same time my axel weight is 8620#. Here is the confusion, the trailer tag recommends 80psi, Goodyear has a inflation/load chart for inflation pressures based on load. Which would be followed? Also, I am assuming if the Goodyear chart is used it should be based on the load on the tires and not the total GVWR or total weight of the trailer. Any help would be appreciated.
        Its written in the GDRV manual that pressure tables can be used. Its in my 2017 manual at least. But as Brian has stated, you need to know the mass at each wheel since they may not all have the same load applied. Also some rigs are heavier on their kitchen side, so care must be taken when using the tables if you decide to do so.

Jim

Comment

As a general rule the tag on the side of the trailer (and the door jamb on vehicles) has an established inflation value that was determined collaboratively between the vehicle engineers and the tire engineers via an inflation table. The smart people have already done the math for us. This of course assumes that the tires are the same size and load rating as the ones that came stock on the vehicle.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/learn...e-air-pressure

2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
          X