No announcement yet.

New and Improved Spring Hanger Failure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I agree on the curb theory. Also you said the shop that tried to repair it heated and bent that beam back to shape - I would have some extra support added to the beam at that point. Heating the beam may have compromised the metals temper in that area and is now weaker.
    USAF Veteran
    Aircraft Instrumentation & Avionics
    “ Charlie” 2021 Momentum 25G, 3 season rear doors, 4500 Owen gen.
    2017 2500HD Chevy 4x4 6.6L Duramax
    ProPride 3P® hitch​

Comment

So I am long overdue for an update. We pulled the rig to "windyAna" as we call it and had the Moryde IS and disc brakes installed. Could not be happier with the install. Our front BR slide topper was pulled out in the wind on the trip up and damaged as we were unaware until a nice trucker took the time to alert us. In any case the install went great and we are back home safe and waiting on a sunny pretty day to install the replacement awning. If anyone want an extra CRE 3000 rocker we have one for free! I will post some pics later of the install. Despite the 14 degree F temps, it was a good experience. Glad this is behind us and ready for spring!
      Larry & Angie from Dayton, TN
      2021 Solitude 310-GK w/ Generator
      2017 Ram 3500 Dually

Comment

Originally posted by chattacuda View Post
        So I am long overdue for an update. We pulled the rig to "windyAna" as we call it and had the Moryde IS and disc brakes installed. Could not be happier with the install. Our front BR slide topper was pulled out in the wind on the trip up and damaged as we were unaware until a nice trucker took the time to alert us. In any case the install went great and we are back home safe and waiting on a sunny pretty day to install the replacement awning. If anyone want an extra CRE 3000 rocker we have one for free! I will post some pics later of the install. Despite the 14 degree F temps, it was a good experience. Glad this is behind us and ready for spring!
        Glad to hear you got the problem fixed! We're planning on getting the IS and disks in November. Haven't had any problems with the 3000 setup, but don't want to wait for it to happen either. The IS looks like it will be a much smoother ride with less wear and tear on the rig. Happy camping! - Mike
        Mike & Terri Williams
        2022 Momentum 376THS-R
        2021 GMC Denali 3500 DRW
        B&W Companion 25K puck hitch
        2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited CVO

Comment

Working...
        X