Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to Morryde Independent Suspension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to Morryde Independent Suspension??

I’m looking to upgrade the brakes/suspension/axles on my 2021 315RLTS. The Morryde Independent Suspension seems like the best option, and there’s a great write-up by Howson on the upgrade to his 315RLTS.

The issue is that the Morryde system can only be installed at Elkhart Indiana or Oregon. I’m hoping to find a similar suspension upgrade on the East Coast, preferably in Florida where I will be for January through March.

Are there reasonable alternatives to Morryde’s system that have a disc brake option? How about the Dexter Torflex?
    https://www.dexteraxle.com/Products/...lex-Light-Duty

Any experiences with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Doing some research, I found Roadmaster Slipper Springs/Shock Absorber system. I've only read good things about this Roadmaster system, nothing bad. I may have one bent spindle, so I was looking for complete system with disc brakes and axles included. I've also read about people breaking spring hangers, and I don't think the Raodmaster solves that issue, as it uses the existing front and rear spring hangers.

So it seems like the Morride system is the best way to go, but you have to get it installed at Elkhart or Oregon.
    Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
    2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

I have the Roadmaster comfort ride shock absorbers with the Morryde CRE3000 equalizer on my small 21G. installing the shocks should take some stress off the spring hangers as you're adding 2 additional connection points to each side. But if you're planning on completely replacing your suspension system, an independent system would be the way to go. It might be worth a trip to Indiana for you.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
        Doing some research, I found Roadmaster Slipper Springs/Shock Absorber system. I've only read good things about this Roadmaster system, nothing bad. I may have one bent spindle, so I was looking for complete system with disc brakes and axles included. I've also read about people breaking spring hangers, and I don't think the Raodmaster solves that issue, as it uses the existing front and rear spring hangers.

So it seems like the Morride system is the best way to go, but you have to get it installed at Elkhart or Oregon.
        The Roadmaster slipper spring system will greatly reduce the stress on the rear hangers on the rear axle because the slipper system eliminates front axle rise under heavy braking. This is due to no equalizer being used on that system. In our current system, heavy braking will rotate the equalizer to lift the front axle where the only solid anchor point left between the tires and the frame are the rear most hangers. Throw in spring wrap on the rear axle and its no surprise those top the list on failures.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X