Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric brakes weak on New Imagine 2600RB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Davis2
    replied
    ^^^^ Thank you Mr. Howard, great info!

Leave a comment:

• howson
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Davis2 View Post
    The electric braking seems to be weak on our new Imagine 2600RB. It states in the manual that 50 miles or so of use is needed to "seat" the brake shoes in. I'm hoping this is true. I have the factory Ford brake controller and it worked fine with our previous Winnebago Micro Minnie. I used to test the electric brakes of the trailer by driving real slow (creeping) and then apply the brake controller lever slowly without using the Truck brakes. You should be able to feel the tug of the trailer. I can hardly feel any tug from the new 2600RB. The dealer said that this new 2600RB was towed from Indiana to the dealer in Texas where we bought it a few days ago. If so, that is roughly 1000 miles, so the brake shoes should be "seated". . I have 3 settings on my brake control gain, light, medium and heavy for conventional electric brakes. There is a setting for electric-Hydraulic brakes. Any ideas? Thanks.
    The electric brakes will not use the Electric-Hydraulic setting. That's for disc brakes (with a hydraulic brake master cylinder for the brakes). Not the setup on your Imagine.

There's a few possibilities that should be checked ASAP by your dealer since weak brakes could be a safety issue (my opinion). If you're brake savvy, then perhaps do it yourself? (I just recently learned all about these brakes, though I've never actually replaced the parts myself. But I'm pretty sure I could troubleshoot it!)

1) The adjusters may need initial setting (even if they are "auto adjusters" they may need to be set correctly the first time).

2) Grease may have gotten on the brake pads? (I hope not--if so they MUST be changed.)

3) One or more of the brakes may not be working. With the brakes engaged, hold something made of steel near the bottom center of the brake drum. You should feel the magnetic attraction (since the magnet inside the drum housing is engaged). This is a quick way to tell if all four of the drum magnets are engaging.

4) After that it's a matter of measuring the amperage back to the brakes, and then measuring amperage to each brake while inspecting the wiring.

Please post back when the issue is resolved. (My .02 -- it won't get better on it's own so be persistent with your dealer. )

Howard

Leave a comment:

• Bob Davis2
    started a topic Electric brakes weak on New Imagine 2600RB?

Electric brakes weak on New Imagine 2600RB?

The electric braking seems to be weak on our new Imagine 2600RB. It states in the manual that 50 miles or so of use is needed to "seat" the brake shoes in. I'm hoping this is true. I have the factory Ford brake controller and it worked fine with our previous Winnebago Micro Minnie. I used to test the electric brakes of the trailer by driving real slow (creeping) and then apply the brake controller lever slowly without using the Truck brakes. You should be able to feel the tug of the trailer. I can hardly feel any tug from the new 2600RB. The dealer said that this new 2600RB was towed from Indiana to the dealer in Texas where we bought it a few days ago. If so, that is roughly 1000 miles, so the brake shoes should be "seated". . I have 3 settings on my brake control gain, light, medium and heavy for conventional electric brakes. There is a setting for electric-Hydraulic brakes. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bob Davis2; 11-28-2021, 02:21 PM.
Working...
X