Morryde CRE3000 cracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morryde CRE3000 cracks

I had my suspension upgraded at the Tucson rally last week. (Had a great time at the rally!) Used Performance Trailer Brakes ... very happy with them and installer (Dennis). During the process the CRE3000's were removed from my 2021 351M and one had these cracks. I'll share some feedback on the new Roadmaster Slipper springs, 8k and disk brakes in a couple weeks after a longer trip. But wanted to share this with this community that I have learned so much from. At the rally 3 of the 4 rigs we were traveling with had cracks in their CRE3000's. Mine were the worst. The welds look marginal to me. They look manual ... not automated machine welds ... please check yours.

Well, that's not good. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm going to replace mine after 5-1/2 years. I'll check them for cracks too.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

The lateral motion is greatest in the center hangers where there would be some load applied to the CRE3000 units as well as the frame/hanger at that location. It would be a major benefit for the forum to get your feedback on the slipper system with shocks (dampers). You most likely know, front axle rise is not possible on the slipper system during heavy braking so this is a better system than the stock suspension system just for starts in that area of concern.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X