2021 Reflection Brakes on one or both axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Reflection Brakes on one or both axles

We recently bought a used 2021 Reflection 260RD and love it. One of the rear/center jacks is slightly bent so I crawled under it and discovered wires stubbed out of the hubs on the rear axle but not connected. Just want to be sure that it comes with single axle brakes? Also, what would the minium distance the rear/center jacks should from the ground when retracted. They seem low

I would think that unless the Trailer brakes have been replaced with electric over hydraulic disc brakes those wires should be connected. I suggest you pull a wheel and trace the wiring from the magnet back to the power source.
    John & Cindy
    2019 303 RLS
    2018 F250

Comment

Originally posted by Rick and Teresa View Post
      We recently bought a used 2021 Reflection 260RD and love it. One of the rear/center jacks is slightly bent so I crawled under it and discovered wires stubbed out of the hubs on the rear axle but not connected. Just want to be sure that it comes with single axle brakes? Also, what would the minium distance the rear/center jacks should from the ground when retracted. They seem low
      Question 1 - I've never seen any dual axle towable product from GDRV that only had brakes on one axle. More investigation is certainly warranted on yours.

Question 2 - This has to do with a term we call the "departure angle". Check out the photo below. Draw an imaginary line from the bottom of your tire to the lowest point on the back of your trailer. This is the departure angle. If the jack falls below the departure angle, it needs to be raised. If it is above the departure angle, you're probably okay with the exception of items such as speed bumps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Departure Angle.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	85677
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks. I've emailed, texted, and called Grand Design twice with no response, but now I know it needs fixing. The diagram was very helpful as well

Comment

You might try finding the tags on the beam of the axles and comparing the two. If they have tags they should be very close in serial number. If the axle in question doesnt have a tag or it doesnt match the other one it may indicate a replacement axle and someone didnt connect the brake wiring to it.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

When looking at the axle tags, compare the P.O. or order number. I know on all of the axles under all 3 of my campers the P.O. or Order number was the same while serial numbers were close, but could go either way. LCI or the frame MFG probably orders the axles in Batches of say 50 to build say 25 frames.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

The ones on both my GD trailers were exactly as you say, a lot of 50 units on the purchase order number and consecutive serial numbers.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
              X