Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear bumper-mount spare tire Lug stem (and nut) size on Imagine XLS 23LDE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear bumper-mount spare tire Lug stem (and nut) size on Imagine XLS 23LDE?

Hello, my camper is stored about 30 miles away and I can't readily run out and check these things. Does anyone know the bolt or lug stem size that GD uses to attach the rear spare to the bumper carrier? I need to prep another spare carrier and want them both to use the same socket. Having the stem size will let me find some similar nuts and lock washers.
    thanks!!
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

I'm struggling to recall but they are a different size than the wheels on your rig. Bring the entire deep well metric set and you can't miss.

I can walk up to my daughters place where our Imagine is in staging to look it over.

Jim

Comment

I believe on our trailer the 'main' lugs are 3/4" hex head and the bolt that holds on the spare is 13/16" hex head. I could be wrong, or not understand the stem sizing system , but believe everything is 1/2"-20 stems.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

If I remember our previous TT, another brand, had 3/4" on the wheels and also on the spare tire carrier. If your does not have this I would change them to match the wheel lug nuts rather than carry 2 different sockets.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

It would be best if GDRV installed the same size lug nuts?

I checked my Imagine and it takes 19mm on the wheels and 21mm on the spare. I purchased a flip socket for this task from Pittsburgh tool.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-...CABEgIfl_D_BwE

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 06-07-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog3162 View Post
            Hello, my camper is stored about 30 miles away and I can't readily run out and check these things. Does anyone know the bolt or lug stem size that GD uses to attach the rear spare to the bumper carrier? I need to prep another spare carrier and want them both to use the same socket. Having the stem size will let me find some similar nuts and lock washers.
            thanks!!
            Bigdog
            One thing to check, is will your bumper support the weight of two spares? In my years I have seen more than one bumper fail due to much weight. Possibly check with GD. If you search second spare tire or something like that, other solutions might be better for you needs. Just a thought.
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hi, yes I considered that but opted to place it up front. I wanted to add some TW and cargo options too, so I bought a tongue cargo rack (Stromberg-Carlson) and put the spare #2 there. Bolted the spare to the rack, Works well for the space, even with the ProPride 3P risers. It also gives me a great place to mount my Haloview repeater and TST sensor repeater on the side of the cargo tray up high. The only downside is that I have to switch to a soft cover for the LP tanks, no big deal. BTW, the thread on the spare tire mount stem on bumper is a 1/2"x20TPI bolt and nut.
              Attached Files
              2022 Reflection 150 Series 280RS, 2022 GMC 3500 Denali crew cab 4x4 6.6L Turbo Diesel, empty wallet.

Comment

Working...
              X