Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Wileykid

I would be surprised if you can get away with bleeding only the one brake. Air bubbles migrate to the high points in an open system and reduce braking ability because they are compressible. If braking does not return to what it was before, I would recommend bleeding all brakes in the correct sequence. In my case, it was important to get the cross axle hoses as horizontal as possible to purge all the air.

Rob
    Thanks for that info. I bleed the rear brakes yesterday (one being the new caliper), but was unable to bleed the front two. The two are on so tight, that the factory started to round the nut portion when they tightened them, and before I force them off, I need to buy a couple of new bleed screws. Took the trailer around the block, and best I can tell, everything is good.

Was kinda funny in that the only thing that was torque stripped on the suspension/brakes, was the bleed screws.
    2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
    2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

Did a 1,200 mile trip several weeks ago, and everything worked as advertised, no bolts loosening.

After an exchange of emails, Dexter stepped up to the plate and covered the cost of the replacement rim (and tire).
      2021 GD Momentum 320G 8K Axle
      2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ SB CC 4x4 Dmax

Comment

Working...
      X